• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Is there any indoor ranges in Central Indiana that are sponsoring winter Indoor Steel Challenge or even IPDA shoots/leagues?

With the arctic like weather indoor shooting is more appealing. I see Beech Grove post about indoor league, but I was wondering if I'm missing any others. Seems like it would be a great revenue stream to shoot after hours with a dedicated group of safe shooters and give them the flexability to draw from a holster and shoot steel indoors.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    IANARO (I Am Not A Range Owner) but I want to share a bit of first hand info. Many years ago a range on the south side of Indy (long out of business) had indoor steel shooting. When I asked about the holes in the roof and the tattered insulation hanging down they told me they didn't realize the steel targets would deflect bullets upward through the roof. It seems to me that bullets striking the steel are not going to hit the backstop and may ricochet dangerously. Maybe the laws of physics have changed since then. :dunno:

JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    The indoor steel range at Bud's in Lexington is nice and doesn't seem to suffer from the hole in ceiling syndrome. I think it can be done safely you just have to be prepared and plan for things. As far as indoor ranges that shoot IDPA/USPSA, Miamisburg, OH (this range is very cold) has USPSA matches. I don't know about IDPA. Velocity training at Bud's does both weekly and monthly IDPA/USPSA, but unfortunately these places are not in central Indiana. They are however not really all that far if your an addict and you want to shoot.

JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Wow that's strange can you all see these posts? The one I just left before this looks very faint on my I pad.

rabbitdave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    Thanks for the info might have to make the drive to Buds.

To fix the splash from the plates, you either put them in boxes so the splash is contained or angle the plates so they point the splash towards the floor.

Top Bottom