• Status
    Not open for further replies.

StumpyPete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I've never been to the Indy show and would have to drive about 2.5 hours south
    Is it worth it? I'm in the market for a 1911 and would hope to find a deal there.

GUNFIGHTER01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    laporte
    Yes it will be worth it! U will be hard pressed to find that many guns under one roof.
    Tell u what come find the class 3 table and we will hook u up on a 1911. Since u are and ingo member we will give u a discount just let us know u are an ingo member when u walk up to the table and that goes for any ingo member that shows up to our table during the show. Hope to see u guys out there.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes it will be worth it! U will be hard pressed to find that many guns under one roof.
    Tell u what come find the class 3 table and we will hook u up on a 1911. Since u are and ingo member we will give u a discount just let us know u are an ingo member when u walk up to the table and that goes for any ingo member that shows up to our table during the show. Hope to see u guys out there.

Holy lack of grammar, Batman.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Everyone should go to the show at least once! There is a huge amount of firearms and accessories on display. I have not found many deals on pistols there but it is a great way to while away a winter day.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Probably one of the best and largest shows in the Midwest. You won't be dissapointed. With Gunfighter01 offering a discount at the Class 3 table, ya can't go wrong!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    2.5 hours would be what about 140 miles or so. 140/ say 20 miles to the gallon. 7 gallons of gas. 3.20 a gallon at 7 gallons is 22.40 in gas then 13 dollars to park and enter. 35 dollars to get here and in plus coffee and lunch/dinner.

Come on down. It is a good show, Lots of handgun sellers at the show and you will see lots of 1911's.
    I wanted a international stocked 10-22 at the show once. I saw many at the previous show and came with cash in hand for one at the next. None were for sale. If you are looking for something special in a 1911 then order it. If looking in general then you will find plenty. I bet there were at least 100 10-22's just not the one I wanted.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I have found the 1500 is good for shopping and trying on firearms for size. There is occasionally a good deal from a dealer, but the best deals are from all of us Joe Schmoes walking the aisles. I tend to shop for nic nacs at the show...reloading boxes, grips, maybe some targets, stuff like that. I enjoy going, its definately worth the drive.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    It's a great show, and pretty big too. You're guaranteed to find a big selection of 1911s to browse. I won't attempt a guess at whether you'll find a good deal there but it really depends on the dealers. I've gone pistol shopping at the show before and have found large (i.e. $100+) differences from one table to another for the exact same gun.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I can not say if you would find a deal or not. I have personally never priced guns there. However, it's worth going just to parooz, to me at least. I have bought some clothing and accessories there.

Jeckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Greenwood
    I have never bought a gun at one, but been to a few. Even if you only peruse, I think it is well worth it. Last year it was very crowded but not bad to navigate. It was an excellent trip for me purely from an educational standpoint. I'll be there again this year with my son. As seamus said, everyone should go at least once!

choppers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I've never been to the Indy show and would have to drive about 2.5 hours south
    Is it worth it? I'm in the market for a 1911 and would hope to find a deal there.
    I go once in awhile but i live alot closer than you. Like people on here have said there is alot of stuff to look at. Just make sure you dont go in the middle of the afternoon on a saturday, it gets pretty crowded. You might also check out Midwest gun exchange, they are always at show with some halfway decent prices.:spend:

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Stumpypete, I would rec that you go to experience the show. I bought a nice 1911 from a private seller at a table but that was just luck. You can't find a deal if you are not there. Besides the firearms, there are lots of other items: holsters, mags, ammo, knives, clothing, targets, safes, etc, etc, etc. You will see private sellers just walking the isles with signs. Cash is king.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo

Bummer! I bought a CZ85B from you guys at the 1500! Was not aware of a discount.

I think from here on out I'm going to mention INGO at every dealer table at the end of the haggle. Just in case. :D

Oh...yes, I do think that it would be worth the drive to the 1500. While I've never gotten a steal, I have always gotten fair prices on the guns that I've purchased at the show. You just have know what you're looking for and then go and look for it. And as Indyal says, there is a lot more there than just the firearms.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom