• ...and so much more!
  • FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Please take a moment to report your findings on the going prices at the Indy 1500 January 2016 gun show. Include a brief description of what you bought, and what you paid, as well as what you were looking for but couldn't find, especially any AR-15 related parts and accessories........

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Purchased gun powder ($20 to $28 a pound), bullets ($.05+ a projectile) and gun books (1 in English, 1 in Russian, both were $35).

I don't know about you guys, but I was overjoyed to see gunpowder back and so available.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Bought some 20rd 308 PMags. Found one for $15, would have bought more at that price but the guy said other vendors cleaned him out before the show started, but should have more tomorrow. Found more for $17 each, so I bought 4.

Prices seemed to to be up from last show. Saw M&P shields for $389 that were $339 at the last show.

mm5de88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Clinton In
    I seen a lot of over priced guns and ammo. There was people asking new prices for used guns and new guns higher than msrp. Very disappointing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bought some 20rd 308 PMags. Found one for $15, would have bought more at that price but the guy said other vendors cleaned him out before the show started, but should have more tomorrow. Found more for $17 each, so I bought 4.

Prices seemed to to be up from last show. Saw M&P shields for $389 that were $339 at the last show.

The prices I saw in my brief search were silly high.
    Buddy found a well priced TRP but it was the Ky. vendor and he would have to have it "Shipped" to an FFL local. That killed that deal...?????

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Down. The Jackstick that runs the Louisville show decided to hold that show this weekend too.

You'd think these promoters would try to coordinate their shows rather than try and compete for buyers and sellers..... Dumb.

Quoting from another thread:
    "The real reason for the schedule change was announced a year ago.
    The Kentucky Expo Center canceled the date of the combined NGD/SOS show for 2016 after receiving a request for a commercial helicopter trade show that will use the whole facility. (More money for them.)
    There were no other weekends available in the first few months of the year with enough space for both shows at once, so the two split."

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Buddy found a well priced TRP but it was the Ky. vendor and he would have to have it "Shipped" to an FFL local. That killed that deal...?????

I've been duped by that guy before too, saw a good deal and then found out he's a KY dealer. I don't know why he bothers to bring handguns or at least work out some kind of deal with someone to do an instant transfer with?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

A lot of those dealers are idiots or at least thing we must be, just because the President spouted off about gun control doesn't automatically jumpstart a sellers market.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've been duped by that guy before too, saw a good deal and then found out he's a KY dealer. I don't know why he bothers to bring handguns or at least work out some kind of deal with someone to do an instant transfer with?

Yeah, it's not like there is a lack of Indiana FFL holders in the building.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just got back. Place a zoo and a lot of non-gun selling tables this time (a bajillion knife tables and a bunch of other crap). Not too many interesting things to look at.

I brought my SCAR 16 to sell and got a few low offers, but nothing worth thinking about. In fact, one dealer tried to low ball me by saying he could pick them up $1699. I told him that if he could do that, he should buy all he can and make a killing, since Dealer whole sale is over $2300 (and they are pretty much sold out everywhere). He immediately then offered me $2k, but I told him that I'd hold on to it for that.

I did get my Arsenal SGL31-61 traded for a Springfield M1A SOCOM and picked up some extra mags for about $30 a pop. I also snagged a Martini-Enfield .303 (1879 production date and an 1895 conversion date) for $520 out the door. So, I'm not super upset I went... but I'm really glad I'm back home.

Top Bottom