• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    First show I have been to in a couple of years.
    I didn't pay for parking so it was kind of a win for me.

Didn't see the INGO table (was a last minute call from a friend asking if I wanted to go) so I didn't check to see where it was :(

hoosierjohn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Mishawaka
    First show I have been to in a couple of years.
    I didn't pay for parking so it was kind of a win for me.

Didn't see the INGO table (was a last minute call from a friend asking if I wanted to go) so I didn't check to see where it was :(

I went last night and didn't see it either.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just got back. Place a zoo and a lot of non-gun selling tables this time (a bajillion knife tables and a bunch of other crap). Not too many interesting things to look at.

I brought my SCAR 16 to sell and got a few low offers, but nothing worth thinking about. In fact, one dealer tried to low ball me by saying he could pick them up $1699. I told him that if he could do that, he should buy all he can and make a killing, since Dealer whole sale is over $2300 (and they are pretty much sold out everywhere). He immediately then offered me $2k, but I told him that I'd hold on to it for that.

I did get my Arsenal SGL31-61 traded for a Springfield M1A SOCOM and picked up some extra mags for about $30 a pop. I also snagged a Martini-Enfield .303 (1879 production date and an 1895 conversion date) for $520 out the door. So, I'm not super upset I went... but I'm really glad I'm back home.

Being a used one a 2K offer from a dealer isn't bad.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just got back. Place a zoo and a lot of non-gun selling tables this time (a bajillion knife tables and a bunch of other crap). Not too many interesting things to look at.
    It is a gun and knife show. :dunno:

Didn't miss much there - everything was overpriced and dealers were *******s. :):

I didn't think the prices were too bad, but when was the last time you've ever heard a report that prices were amazing and too good to pass up?

I sold guns, bought a Microtech UTX-70 at a good price. :rockwoot:

RK Boss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Vigo County
    Here's a few prices from today. Didn't buy all this stuff... Just sharing info
    -Recoil gunworks had stripped uppers made by Damage Industries for $50
    -Saw both aero precision and Anderson stripped uppers for $60
    -there was an Asian Lady in the room with the roasted nuts that had Anderson LPK's for $49
    -RRA 2stage triggers for $89
    -don't think I saw any bcg's under $100
    -cheapest stripped lower I saw was an Anderson for $79
    -cases of bulk .223/5.56 or 7.62 was either same price or more than you can for online.

RK Boss

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Vigo County
    Hats off to the Indiana State Police! I didn't stop to ask details, because I already have mine... but they had tables where it appeared people could sit down and apply for their Carry Permit. I thought that was great!

Haven't been to the last few 1500's so I don't know if this was new or not.

Anybody know if they were doing fingerprints and everything there?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Hats off to the Indiana State Police! I didn't stop to ask details, because I already have mine... but they had tables where it appeared people could sit down and apply for their Carry Permit. I thought that was great!

Haven't been to the last few 1500's so I don't know if this was new or not.

Anybody know if they were doing fingerprints and everything there?

They were only doing the online application part. The same part you can do at home. I was hoping that we could get the wife all taken care of without having to take a day off of work. Not so much. It is a nice feature though that gets people to apply that may not normally do so

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    This show was very crowded compared to the last one. I saw some really cool stuff ranging from Pythons to rare AK's to le trade in Glocks. I thought some prices were fair and expensive. I picked up a Remington P14 for $600 and a Lee-Enfield No.5 Mk1 (jungle carbine) for $300. I am taking them to my gunsmith to check the headspace and put some rounds through them when the weather gets warmer. Overall, I had a great time and looking forward to the next one.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Reminded me the 1st show after Sandy Hook.

I car pooled with 3 other guys and we had to wait outside the building for like half an hour, got in around 2:30. I'd leave if I were there by myself. I know it's gonna be like a zoo.

I bought absolutely nothing.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Reminded me the 1st show after Sandy Hook.

I dont think it was that bad....... That show the line to get in was wrapped around 3 sides of the building. The days of selling 600.00 Ar's for 2k and Pmags for 100 each. I hope it never comes down to that again.....

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Picked up 1000rnds of Wolf polyformance 7.63x39 for 240. Also got some surplus ar mags for 5 bucks each. They're beat up on the outside but i was able to cherry pick through them and got a few colt and okay ind. mags. I was disappointed in the ammount of gaudy flea market crap that seems to be working itself into the last few shows.

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    Picked up 4x 25rd .308 PMAGs for $21.50 ea.
    6x Bulgarian commercial 40rd mags for $21.50 ea.
    Plus assorted soft goods.
    The show was crowded but not overwhelming. I did see some crazy prices on used guns.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    A lot of those dealers are idiots or at least thing we must be, just because the President spouted off about gun control doesn't automatically jumpstart a sellers market.

Exactly. Another point that some may fail to consider is that it was 20 years between the AWB panic buy and Sandy Hook. Unfortunately for those who wish to turn some fast money skinning people, the market is still saturated from the Sandy Hook panic buy.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    I will echo what someone else has already said. If you are looking for "modern" firearms and ammunition, even with shipping, you can get better deals online. Have a good relationship with your lgs and there is no real reason to go the 1500 unless you are just catching up with old friends.

Top Bottom