• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not all and not ones I like to do business with.

:yesway:

I pretty well loaded up a few years ago so I haven't done much shopping for a while. I was living in Evansville when I bought my last new gun. There is a reason why I made a special trip to drive to Plainfield to buy it from Bob! Bob is a good honest man, does business in a fair and honest manner (of course has good prices) and overall is the kind of person I consider myself much better off for knowing him.

boatswainsmate

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 20, 2014
    Howard County
    I went on friday and saw great prices on powder and primers. I picked up 4 boxes of CCI Magnum LP primers for 30.00 a box. I saw one table that had a 8 pound jug of 2400 for 169.00.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Powder and Primers are the main thing I grab at the 1500. I may catch the next show. Spent wayyyyy too much on gun stuff in the last month to justify going now. I can pick up primers at 2 places close to me in Columbus...so not worried about my low primer stash.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    few ammo deals to be had when buying in bulk, lot of firearms prices were high though. then the flea market stuff?????? did notice a lot of military surplus to be had and at really good prices too!

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    My son and I went Saturday right at 8am and, after ice-skating through the parking lot, we got right inside the doors. It's way better to get in early if you want to beat the crowds.

Ended up getting a NIB 9mm Shield for $389 (total impulse buy) and a pound of CFE Pistol for $25 and some other odds and ends.

Two things I noticed: Walking behind a guy carrying a slung rifle he was selling, and he reached down and pulled the butt of the gun forward and I found myself staring right down the muzzle (nice). And, what is it about people picking up a handgun to look at, and pulling the others cabled together until they fall off the boxes, then putting the one back down, leaving them a mess?

Later went to Point Blank in Carmel and shot the Shield. Loved it right away. The trigger is so much nicer than the one on my full-sized M&P 9. Shot 100 rounds with nary a hick-up.

Last edited:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My son and I went Saturday right at 8am and, after ice-skating through the parking lot, we got right inside the doors. It's way better to get in early if you want to beat the crowds.

Ended up getting a NIB 9mm Shield for $389 (total impulse buy) and a pound of CFE Pistol for $25 and some other odds and ends.

Two things I noticed: Walking behind a guy carrying a slung rifle he was selling, and he reached down and pulled the butt of the gun forward and I found myself staring right down the muzzle (nice). And, what is it about people picking up a handgun to look at, and pulling the others cabled together until they fall off the boxes, then putting the one back down, leaving them a mess?

Later went to Point Blank in Carmel and shot the Shield. Loved it right away. The trigger is so much nicer than the one on my full-sized M&P 9. Shot 100 rounds with nary a hick-up.

Congrats, on the Shield ..... I am a S&W fan .....

Robertpetry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2013
    I saw a booth full of lab type equipment. Beakers, microscopes, all types of equipment. Looked like meth lab supplies. Any idea what they were there for? Besides meth labs that is.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    What was the price on Stripped Lowers? Have they crept up any due to 'panic' or were they in the 60-80 dollar range? Thinking more and more on a 300 BLK build and need a stripped lower.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I saw a booth full of lab type equipment. Beakers, microscopes, all types of equipment. Looked like meth lab supplies. Any idea what they were there for? Besides meth labs that is.

I can't say what the actual purpose is or vouch for the integrity of the seller or potential buyers, but I can say that I have recently ordered test tubes, a centrifuge, a microscope, glass slides and coverslips for the purpose of doing my own tests on my alpacas and my aunt's goats for parasites.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That booth has been there for 15 yrs. I remember it from the first one I went to(remember WWII surplus .45 ACP for dirt cheap back then. :( ). Maybe for the 'preppers' to stock up on medical supplies?

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    What was the price on Stripped Lowers? Have they crept up any due to 'panic' or were they in the 60-80 dollar range? Thinking more and more on a 300 BLK build and need a stripped lower.

I wasn't looking too hard, but I saw at least one table selling Spikes Tactical lowers (Zombie and Honey Badger) for $85, which was cheaper than when I bought one last year.

shootr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2015
    Mooresville
    That’s the biggest thing for me is you pay 5 bucks to park, then 12 bucks to get in, I had a two dollars discount from the mail to help, but man that’s a little high to get in. Big crowd on Saturday morning when I went about 10am, purchased powder and plinking bullets for reloading 9mm and 40 smith. Prices were ok; I agree with the statement that there was more powder available this time. Prices were all over the board for it. Prices varied as much as 3 to 8 dollars from vendor to vendor for the same type of powder. Overall got everything I was looking for didn’t look at gun vendors because I was a man on a mission this time. Only there to stock up on powder and reloading supplies. Overall, prices paid comparable to midway USA, without the shipping costs.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That’s the biggest thing for me is you pay 5 bucks to park, then 12 bucks to get in, I had a two dollars discount from the mail to help, but man that’s a little high to get in. Big crowd on Saturday morning when I went about 10am, purchased powder and plinking bullets for reloading 9mm and 40 smith. Prices were ok; I agree with the statement that there was more powder available this time. Prices were all over the board for it. Prices varied as much as 3 to 8 dollars from vendor to vendor for the same type of powder. Overall got everything I was looking for didn’t look at gun vendors because I was a man on a mission this time. Only there to stock up on powder and reloading supplies. Overall, prices paid comparable to midway USA, without the shipping costs.

Good job. If you consider your time and extra fees as the price to walk the show and enjoy that part of it, then buy what you need at a competitive price, I'd call that a successful show. Especially when it comes to anything that has hazmat fees associated with buying online.

The last gun show I went to was for powder and primers. Came home with enough to make the trip worthwhile.

Other than picking up a few small AR parts and occasionally a mag, I mostly just look(and laugh out loud sometimes when I see the prices:)).

Top Bottom