• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reaper101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Muncie, Indiana
    the answer is yes and no, some shops drop there prices when they go and others dont. it just depends on the shops normal price and there overhead (how much they already go over they cost of the firearm) some can come down and others cant.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Some on here usually post their 1500 deals prior to the 1500 and some even offer special pricing for INGO members. I'm sure we'll start seeing some of them next week.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    why would they drop, If your coming into a shop during the 1500 either you didn't find what you want there, Or your willing to pay for not fighting the crowds at the 1500, (Which btw has got over the limit of pain for me, I won't shuffle my way through another one untill they get a larger venue)

Plus you have to add the cost of getting into the 1500 to the cost of the gun your buying so there pops $15-30 on top of your gun

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    the answer is yes and no, some shops drop there prices when they go and others dont. it just depends on the shops normal price and there overhead (how much they already go over they cost of the firearm) some can come down and others cant.

Some on here usually post their 1500 deals prior to the 1500 and some even offer special pricing for INGO members. I'm sure we'll start seeing some of them next week.

:yesway:

OP if you are looking for a deal at the 1500 you may not find it. However, if you are looking for a chance to handle just about everything out there and see a lot of cool stuff then the 1500 is worth the drive.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Depending on where you live there are probably 3-5 gun shops within a 30 minute drive. So if your goal is just to get a feel for some different guns do it for free. If you want to pay admission and be herded around like cattle...the 1500 is sometimes worth it.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    One of the advantages to large shows like the 1500 is that you can handle firearms you can't find at one of the local gun stores in your area. As we all know, there are thousands of different makes and models and if there is something in particular you are looking for, chances are you'll at east be able to find it and handle it at the larger shows. Also can give you a chance to handle some firearms you never thaught you'd want until you see it staring back at you :-)

prowland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Greenwood
    Going to the 1500 is kinda like shopping the day after Thanksgiving.... there might be 3 or 4 doorbusters but you can get everything they have there for the same price or cheaper online

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Depending on where you live there are probably 3-5 gun shops within a 30 minute drive. So if your goal is just to get a feel for some different guns do it for free. If you want to pay admission and be herded around like cattle...the 1500 is sometimes worth it.
    With the cost of gas today, the admission to the 1500 is a deal compared to driving around to 5 different shops.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I won't waste my time at the 1500 again. The crowds are ridiculous and I've seen better deals in local shops. Would be a good place to look for rare items or shop alot of different weapons but who wants to wait for 10 minutes at each table before you can actually look at something? I actually like the smaller shows at the National Guard armories better. Less crowded and cheaper admission.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Midwest gun exchange drops thier prices 10% or so for the shows, however you can usually get the same discount in store.
    My reason for going to a show is usually because I am looking for something I cannot find locally. With all the sellers in one place it ups my chances of finding what I am looking for.
    I havn't had much luck lately though.

Top Bottom