• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    Its been a while since I've been to a 1500. Years in fact.

Can someone school me on costs for the show... parking, entry. etc.

And the hours?

And there used to be coupons on the website for $X off.... that still true?

bouncerclub

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I could be wrong but I thought that i had read somewhere it was $8.00 for entrance and parking at least last year for some other events was 3.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Parking at the last 1500 was $3.00 each day. Parking was also $3.00 for the Home Show in February.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I attended the last one a couple of months ago. Adults fee was $10.00 bucks.
    I parked across the street (38th.) due South and was charged $5.00.
    I buddy rode with me so since I drove, he paid for the parking.
    I will add it was wall to wall people.
    I noticed some fantastic deals on the Saiga AK in the .223 & .308's
    Of course, there were thousands of handguns and other things of interest.
    It's always a good time.
    My Son made a comment about all the nylon ties left on the ground just outside the exit doors. There must be a tremendous amount of people with legal concealed arms.
    To my knowledge, there has never been an incident.

FreedomTrainer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    How many vendors where there? Was there a lot of good stuff? I heard it is one of the best shows in the mid-west and thought about coming this month.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    How many vendors where there? Was there a lot of good stuff? I heard it is one of the best shows in the mid-west and thought about coming this month.

I'm not sure about the numbers, but it'll boggle your mind the first time you step in there and take it all in.

There's just about anything you could want there: guns, ammo, surplus gear, militaria, books, name it and it's probably there. Great deals these days might be harder to find, but the art of the haggle is still alive and well. If you find something you want at a table and the vendor won't budge, there's a good chance you can find it elsewhere. I've found that at a minimum though, even if a vendor won't come down on his price, he'll sell it to you at his price "out the door."

It's definitely worth a trip. :yesway: Nowadays it is packed wall to wall people and in some of the aisle's there isn't a lot of room to maneuver, especially when you've got a range bag over your shoulder crammed with 30 pounds of ammo and a pistol or two. :D

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    We try to go on Friday. I don't think the crowd is as bad as Saturday or Sunday.
    My wife has to work this Friday so it looks like a Saturday show this time.
    Where is the INGO table going to be? I need to pick up some goodies.
    Jeff

hc4sar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    cent IN.
    go as early as you can on sat . try to get there as close to opening time as possible. there will be lots less bodies in the show.see if wife might want to leave her purse in the trunk. it can take awhile to look around, it takes us 3to4hours. see ya there.:twocents:

diverdown219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    N.W. IN
    Are all the dealers there and selling on Friday, or is it more of a setup your table day for Sat. and Sun?
    I went at the end of last year and wasn't really impressed, maybe it was just because it was cold and nasty outside.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    Are all the dealers there and selling on Friday, or is it more of a setup your table day for Sat. and Sun?
    I went at the end of last year and wasn't really impressed, maybe it was just because it was cold and nasty outside.

Yes, all the dealers are there and selling when the show opens on Friday.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I believe the show was originally called the 1500 because there were 1500 tables. I don't know how many are there now but all three rooms in the big building are full. Allow 3-4 hours at least to see it all.

I'll be working at the Acme Sports tables so stop by and say hi, I'm new here and don't know many members.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Cost? Heck man cost is subjective. The last show cost me almost 3,000 USD. However, I walked out with a big smile on my face and that smile is still there.

Top Bottom