• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22/45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Around the loop
    A question for the collective here, has anyone else noticed how annoying these Indy 1500 ads are and have been in the past? I would think for an event like this in the political climate we're in they'd try to make it seem less like a large hillbilly gathering (even if it's the truth.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Barney Fife has a job and wears shoes that take a shine. Hillbilly? I think not.

Further, remember the Tarlek Doctrine: tacky sells.

Unless your tastes are refined like mine. :):

The more obnoxious you are, the more I DONT want to give you my money. For instance the "One Dime Down" bit that car dealer in fishers does makes me not only want to stay away from them but unfortunately for the radio station, it makes me turn the channel. Literally. I go listen to NPR for a few minutes to give the air time to clear from the stink of that commercial.

I understand the "make it memorable" idea. But there comes a point it which you go from famous to infamous.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    A question for the collective here, has anyone else noticed how annoying these Indy 1500 ads are and have been in the past? I would think for an event like this in the political climate we're in they'd try to make it seem less like a large hillbilly gathering (even if it's the truth.)

Not as BAD, as progressive insurance ..... I hate flo .....

And, NOT as BAD as Monica, whats her name, and her friend selling cars .....

JMHO, YMMV .....

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Simple solution, get Google play or something similar and use your phones as radios. I have not listened to an radio ad in years

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The state fair radio commercials are the worst.

Completely agree, the state fair radio commercials are the worst and have thankfully ended for another year. I rate the sisters of saving next, followed by Distinctive Diamonds/Shane Co. in a tie for 3rd, and then "One Dime Down". I either turn the station or turn the radio off when any of these come on.

I don't mind the Indy 1500 commercials, in fact I would kind of miss them if they ever went with something different.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Seems to me all these commercials are working perfectly.

LOL. That's a fact. Publicity is good. Bad publicity is good, too. If the Sisters of Savings commercials weren't working, they would have discontinued them.

That said, did anybody else want to slap the crap of Peter Pan in the GEICO TV commercial?

Top Bottom