• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Is anyone else going this year? It will be my first Indy 500. I went to qualifying on Sunday just to get a taste of it since I couldn't get race tickets, and then on the way home I got a call from a friend who knew someone giving away 4 tickets and a parking pass for free. So now I will be going and had a question.

How early should I plan to get to the track? I figured since I already have my parking pass (North 40, tickets are in the North Vista) and only 40% capacity, we could get there just like 2 hours before the race. Maybe I am wrong, but I know my 8 year old won't want to sit in the parking lot for 5 hours either.

I was bummed that the infield won't be open. I love walking around and checking everything out during the Indy GP and Nascar race.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Is anyone else going this year? It will be my first Indy 500. I went to qualifying on Sunday just to get a taste of it since I couldn't get race tickets, and then on the way home I got a call from a friend who knew someone giving away 4 tickets and a parking pass for free. So now I will be going and had a question.

How early should I plan to get to the track? I figured since I already have my parking pass (North 40, tickets are in the North Vista) and only 40% capacity, we could get there just like 2 hours before the race. Maybe I am wrong, but I know my 8 year old won't want to sit in the parking lot for 5 hours either.

I was bummed that the infield won't be open. I love walking around and checking everything out during the Indy GP and Nascar race.
    It will be my 42nd Race Day, with rainouts in 86 and 97. On the old schedule, I liked to be seated by 0800 for a start at 1100, because that’s when the spectacle began with the marching bands and vintage race cars (some powered by Churchmouse engines!).

Nowadays the start coming at about 1215 sems to produce significantly more solar energy reflected from the seats in J Stand before they fill up, so I try to be seated about 90 minutes before the start.
    I’m kind of hoping that RP will announce this week that masks won’t have to be worn in the seating area (how the Marion County Health Department would try to enforce said requirement is hard to visualize).

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    It will be my 42nd Race Day, with rainouts in 86 and 97. On the old schedule, I liked to be seated by 0800 for a start at 1100, because that’s when the spectacle began with the marching bands and vintage race cars (some powered by Churchmouse engines!).

Nowadays the start coming at about 1215 sems to produce significantly more solar energy reflected from the seats in J Stand before they fill up, so I try to be seated about 90 minutes before the start.
    I’m kind of hoping that RP will announce this week that masks won’t have to be worn in the seating area (how the Marion County Health Department would try to enforce said requirement is hard to visualize).
    Thanks for the info. I can tell tell you that if Race day is anything like qualifying, nobody will be wearing masks once they are in the gates.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I'm sure he does now

Hogs*** and crew are nothing but a bunch of twits.

BTW... I love the way Hogs**** and his toadies talk about the race, with 135,000 people, being the largest event since the scamdemic began. Yeah... 135,000 people outdoors spread across numerous acres around a 2.5 mile track.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Hogs*** and crew are nothing but a bunch of twits.

BTW... I love the way Hogs**** and his toadies talk about the race, with 135,000 people, being the largest event since the scamdemic began. Yeah... 135,000 people outdoors spread across numerous acres around a 2.5 mile track.
    Tho original IMS property on which the track is located is 1 mile N-S by .5 mile E-W, which makes it 320 acres.

I was hoping that Marion County would recognize the futility of attempting to enforce their “mask mandate” on Race Day. Now I’m wondering whether Hog**** will try to bar access to the grandstands on Sunday at the 11th hour “for the public’s safety”.

RP needs to have his legal department ready to file for injunctive relief from any Marion County shenanigans.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Tho original IMS property on which the track is located is 1 mile N-S by .5 mile E-W, which makes it 320 acres.

I was hoping that Marion County would recognize the futility of attempting to enforce their “mask mandate” on Race Day. Now I’m wondering whether Hog**** will try to bar access to the grandstands on Sunday at the 11th hour “for the public’s safety”.

RP needs to have his legal department ready to file for injunctive relief from any Marion County shenanigans.

Joe Hog***** can GTH

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    For those of you going that desire to make an entrance.....

Top Bottom