• andrewjshimmmen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    indianapolis
    Hey all,
    the time is coming to have to move and been looking at apartment complexes,
    i live uptown north side and work downtown, so had been looking around north side and south side indy for decent apartments, i am fairly new to the area and had been looking at a couple mainly beech grove village and fishermans village.
    looking for honest feedback on if they are decent places :dunno:.
    plus ideas for other good places to look at and where to avoid :ar15:
    thanks guys:yesway:

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    I lived at Cherry Glen apartments for 2 years and never had a problem. Plus they are all single-story so no noise from above! It's at Hannah and Rural. About a mile or so east of U of I or just a block east of Keystone. Very quiet area and clean apts, maintenance people were great.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Check out Latitudes at County line and Combs Rd on the south side. They are in a nice safe and quite area. The are five minutes from Greenwood Mall and about 15 minutes from downtown. I have never been been inside of them but they look nice and well maintained from the outside.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just a thought, its really a buyers market right now for houses. It could be very possible for you to get into a house for nearly the same or even less than rent. Of course there are up front costs that could be a problem. :twocents:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Check out Latitudes at County line and Combs Rd on the south side. They are in a nice safe and quite area. The are five minutes from Greenwood Mall and about 15 minutes from downtown. I have never been been inside of them but they look nice and well maintained from the outside.

This...

I could walk to the Latitudes, a little pricey but nice unites and well maintained grounds, just off county line rd exit and I-65. I think they were ranked one of the best in the city.

Great buyers market though if you have descent credit.

I am at at an east side garage with AT&T, used to work downtown, getting on 65 at country line you can get to the downtown office in around 20 minutes or so door to door. Super low crime rate around here, lots of restaurants and stuff in the area.

P.S. To get downtown with less hassle and traffic look at places closer to 65 then 465 if on the south side.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Southside - downtown traffic.

I live just off the Southport Rd exit from I-65. When I was working downtown and going in at 6:00AM, it took me 12 minutes from backing out of the garage to parking at work. Wait until 7:30 and it will take you almost that long to get from Southport Rd to 465 on 65 NB. After that it slows down! ;)

That said, there are a lot of nice apartment complexes near the 65 exits at Southport Rd and County Line Rd.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Just a thought, its really a buyers market right now for houses. It could be very possible for you to get into a house for nearly the same or even less than rent. Of course there are up front costs that could be a problem. :twocents:

+1 on above

My advice is look for a single rental here, Beech grove is a cheaper place to live, take a look around, look at the houses near you and check,
    :are they run down,
    :are there degenerates hanging out on the porch at the house next to yours?
    :Hows the parking, important on those skinny Beech Grove streets.
    Apartments, I wouldn't look for one here.

Fisherman's Village,

Nice big rooms, cheap rent. Ive had alot of friends that have lived there, It lies on a nice lake full of Bass. and MCF&G range is right across the street.

I wouldn't trust a nice car with goodies inside in this parking lot.
    nor "most" of your potential neighbors.
    Seems to be a few apartment fires monthly there, recently one building with approx 9 units were destroyed in a massive fire because someone wanted to heat the whole house with thier stove.
    I wouldn't live here if I owned Firearms and it seems to be getting worse there monthly, broken in rooms, cars, even friggn AC units..... but these issues are common in any apartment.

There are some decent rental houses near Cumberland "past post" in some decent neighborhoods,

I would 110% look to rent a small house or consider buying if your in the position, Houses are cheap I recently paid 74,000+tax for a property that was previously sold on the market for 130,000 discounted.
    The bank was sweating with pain when we signed the mortgage.

Look around there are nice rentals and deals to be had.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Less rent past a certain dollar amount also means more problems that many don't want to deal with....

QFT. For most areas of Indy, it has been my experience that $600 is about the threshold point. There are exceptions one both sides, and it isn't a hard and fast price point. But if you plotted monthly rent against a "good tenant" index, you'd find a direct correlation between how much one paid and how how well they respected their obligations, property, and the rights and properties of others.

Just do yourself a favor and familiarize yourself with Indiana landlord/tenant law. It's also been my experience that about 90% of landlords are ignorant of their full scope of responsibilities. And about 99% of the tenants don't know they're getting screwed. In this particular case, apartment complexes aren't necessarily better. In fact, I think they're worse.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    QFT. For most areas of Indy, it has been my experience that $600 is about the threshold point. There are exceptions one both sides, and it isn't a hard and fast price point. But if you plotted monthly rent against a "good tenant" index, you'd find a direct correlation between how much one paid and how how well they respected their obligations, property, and the rights and properties of others.

Yeah I was thinking 500 ish range but I was looking years ago and ended up buying a house.

In all seriousness for the cost of rent in a complex were people are friendly, not trashing everything, don't have suspicious activity going on, don't have IMPD officers working security part-time you will pay just as much for a house.... that is a big reason why I bought a house.

I live in a fairly nice sub-division, only have a few problem home owners, zero crime, 3 bed room house with two car garage, some other goodies and after the refinance goes through I will be paying like 780 a month. An apartment is not worth the 100 or so dollar savings and all the problems that go with it.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    For a 1 bdrm at Cherry Glen I paid $470 the first year and $485 the second year.
    Literally 7 min from downtown and just a minute from 65.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I can personally recommend 'Lakes of Georgetown' apts... located at Georgetown Rd and 62nd St (N.W. corner).

They are big apartments, good lay-outs/floor plans. The complex itself is very clean & quiet, unlike some apt complexes just a mile south.

The managers and leasing personell are great folks (I know them personally)....and as a rule, they are very particular and selective about who they rent to..... which makes for better neighbors. About a 4 minute drive to Meridian St...which will take you right downtown.

Rent rates are good, for the type of 'home' you'd be getting.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I lived at Buffalo Creek near 31 and county line. I would reccomend them, they were nice, no real issues. Now I live at woodbridge of castleton and they are also nice, but due to my experience with getting maintenance issues resolved I wouldnt reccomend them.

Top Bottom