• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny thing is the wife was told the opposite. Go to a pro who's livelihood is putting holes in skin vs a minimum wage worker that is trained for 20 minutes.

That's a fair argument, but I'm going on sheer volume of a boutique business, and what I know about tattoo and piercing shops. A lot of shops don't do much business in piercing anymore, and some have completely done away with it because its not monetarily feasible to keep a full time piercer around. And of the piercers that will do it, some won't because they don't like dealing with clients that can't say "no" legally. End of the day, it's whatever you feel most comfortable with because both will do the job to your satisfaction, with no problems. One will just be more expensive than the other.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This may sound questionable but I have a seriously talented tatoo artist that works for me full time but also tatoos in a westside shop after hours and Saturdays. He does excellent work.
    I have nobody that does piercing

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I told you, 8 hour trip to my Uncle, we get you the friends and family discount and you get to see some beautiful countryside while you are at it. 16 hours round trip, no problem.

Now that I think about it, I may not have mentioned he was my uncle on Facebook.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Lol.

I pierced my tongue back in the day with a big sewing needle (heavy gauge for denim I think). I later did my labret with a 12g hypodermic needle from TSC. The latter was way sharper and much closer to what actual body piercing parlors use.

When I decided to "gauge" my ears in high school, I pierced them with a regular sewing needle and then forced a 6g hoop through the fresh hole... an ear meat plug popped out the other side with the hoop. I later trimmed off the "hanging chad" of ear meat with cuticle scissors.

In hindsight, probably none of this was a great idea. :facepalm:

Sounds like a orgasmic experience :): makes me want to lay my junk on a stump and drive a nail thru it

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Lol.

I pierced my tongue back in the day with a big sewing needle (heavy gauge for denim I think). I later did my labret with a 12g hypodermic needle from TSC. The latter was way sharper and much closer to what actual body piercing parlors use.

When I decided to "gauge" my ears in high school, I pierced them with a regular sewing needle and then forced a 6g hoop through the fresh hole... an ear meat plug popped out the other side with the hoop. I later trimmed off the "hanging chad" of ear meat with cuticle scissors.

In hindsight, probably none of this was a great idea. :facepalm:

MrsG has referred to me as a "dumbass" on numerous occasions but you sir, well, you win the crown. :D

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    This may sound questionable but I have a seriously talented tatoo artist that works for me full time but also tatoos in a westside shop after hours and Saturdays. He does excellent work.
    I have nobody that does piercing

Clearly we have a few ingoers that can do piercings!
    Are you guys just not reading these replies?!?!
    :D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The reason Mrs Monkey is leaning toward a piercer vs boutiqe is twofold:

Boutiques use a gun. These guns are actually bad. If its reusable, its impossible to sterilize totally. Reusable or disposable, its still driving a (relatively) blunt stud through the ear which results in a tight hole that isnt properly sized for the post, which could lead to various complications. A piercer uses a special needle that takes a chunk of skin and cuts an actual hole, allowing the post room, letting the ear heal faster, breathe, prevent infections, reduce swelling, etc.

We are waiting though. Multiple websites and a studio we called agree; no swimming, especially in natural bodies for 2 months. Our vacation in 45 days revolves around swimming in Lake Erie. So we are doing it in September once the inlaws' pool is closed and we are done swimming for the summer.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Fn y story about tattoo parlors and wives’ work. A buddy of mine some years back pressured his wife into a tramp stamp, she didn’t want a tat, but he wanted her to have it so it would show when she was on the back of his bike. Many weeks of pressure and arguing, she went to have it done, it was a 4 hour peice. He didn’t want to wait, so he went to the watering hole to kill time. A couple hours later he returned to the shop to find his wife’s pants around her ankles, and, well, no tattoo! They aren’t married anymore, and he doesn’t like tattoos.

Top Bottom