• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've seen the range(s). But thought they were only open on abbreviated schedule???

The ranges are first class and awesome!!

Are they running full hours now??

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Grand opening is 9/11 but I just came from there so I dunno, I didn't ask. Got some brochures. Love that new place smell.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This is on their Facebook page, so . . . looks like normal hours as of today.

Also it looks like they have a "special" deal for Men ("Menberships" on the center flyer) :):

Indy%20Arms%20Co%20Info_zpstouxndos.jpg

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    It's a nice range to shoot at. The AC was on the fritz the last time I was there so be prepared. I should be there on Friday 9/11 to RSO and talk about The Well Armed Woman

DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    Cooling in the range not working well, other areas is ok or was Saturday. The no reloads is a insurance thing from what I heard from Rick.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Love her blog. I was, ironically, introduced to it in Minnesota. I'd gone up to visit my son and ended up hitting the range with a buddy of mine. When I handed my license to the guy behind the counter, he asked me if I'd read the blog before and how it was his favorite. Looked it up when I got home and had to agree it was worth reading. I might have to hit the new range now in hopes of meeting her (as well as checking the new range out) :)

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Looks like a great looking store. It also looks like this range is following the same business model that Parabellum, Tims, and Point Blank are doing: They've split the range so they can charge more for rifle versus pistol shooting. I think that sucks. I do have a question on that too but I'll put that on another thread and perhaps be corrected on this assumption. I've been holding out for BGF and I hope they don't follow suit.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I went Saturday. Had a Smith M64-6 re-import that I scored a heck of a deal on in Lafayette so what to do? Why drive it to Indianapolis, of course.:D

The shop: very clean and put away. Floors were polished and swept. No smells. No goat cooking in the back, or lingering remains of taco night and the air was clear from tobacco smoke. Bathroom was clean and there were hooks on the wall.

Employees: did not get an educational level but they were very helpful when I asked to see a couple of pistols. They were wearing IAC golf shirts which I find helpful. I like matching uniforms on the employees so we know who works there.

Gun Stock: Nothing really floated my boat. Heavy on the plastic fantastic crap, but that is what sells so you cannot blame them. Not much variety in long guns, but that can change. Lots of ammo. They had a 300 round limit on CCI. As I was with an employee they let me buy 400 rounds. Reloading stuff. BladeTech holsters, cleaning and lube stuff, range bags, inter alia.

Range:

First, I need to tell you fellas--NO RELOADS. When we arrived I pulled out a .38 can (color coded white for .38s) and my shootin' buddy who is an IAC employee told me "no" (so I immediately knew she was a gun shop employee). So, I put the can back in the truck.

The sign in process is a bit of a pain but I hate tablet computers, not their fault. You have to leave your DL and pay at the end. The range is clean. The yahoos have not yet shot holes in the ceiling. One downside, one round per second. We got to the range and I unlimbered a 22/45 and proceeded to cut a hole out of the center for a negative target for the .38. No such doing.

They were cool about it, even called me sir. So, I know they have to cater to the LCD but a rule of reason would be nice. But I understand and played by the rules.

In summary:

Nice and clean. My 64-6 was in perfect time and ran like a sewing machine.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Tim's in Westfield does allow reloads, just not steel. Also, I get on the rifle range a lot at the same price as the pistol range, but then again I am shooting pistols only. If I show up with a rifle, then I might get charged the extra amount, I don't know. Going sometime next week with a buddy who brings his AR15 with him a lot. We will see what they charge us at that point.

I prefer the longer range, even with my pistol. I always shoot a mag or two at the maximum distance.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Tim's in Westfield does allow reloads, just not steel. Also, I get on the rifle range a lot at the same price as the pistol range, but then again I am shooting pistols only. If I show up with a rifle, then I might get charged the extra amount, I don't know. Going sometime next week with a buddy who brings his AR15 with him a lot. We will see what they charge us at that point.

I prefer the longer range, even with my pistol. I always shoot a mag or two at the maximum distance.

You can shoot pistols on the rifle range, but the charge is for the lane on which you're shooting, so it's at rifle range rates.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    You can shoot pistols on the rifle range, but the charge is for the lane on which you're shooting, so it's at rifle range rates.

You may be right about them charging more for the rifle range with rifles, but I shoot on the rifle range all the time with my pistol at the SAME rate as the pistol range.

Top Bottom