• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If it turns out to be the fuel pump take out 6 of the 8 bed bolts out, loosen the other two (one front, one rear), disconnect the tail light wires, disconnect the fuel inlet and tilt the bed, no need to cut your truck up. Make sure to support the bed properly.

Can you get enough clearance this way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Still hoping to get mechanic recommendation, within towing distance of downtown. Thanks!

Call Marwood Tire. 317-241-4274
    Tracey Hash is the owner. He is a long time friend and I trust them with any work we do not want to do ourselves.

Zores is a west side towing recovery service that is dependable. They are not the cheapest but they are among the best.
    I do not have the towing office number in my phone as I know the owner and call him direct but they are listed.

Those are the 2 places I use. Best I have for you.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't know of anything downtown. But, buy a haynes manual and I'll come to you with tools, truck, and tow strap. I had early 2000s Silverado with the 305ci. Had fueling issues and had to change the pump. Exact same symptoms. I have fuel pressure gauge, OBD2 reader and the skill to help you diagnose. If it is the pump, we can drop the tank and change it out pretty easily. At a minimum, we should be able to figure out what it is....

Or, you can google map search mechanics. Just West of downtown on Washington St is an area I call "little mexico". Lots of Taller Mechanico shops. Say what you will about Mexicans, but they're hard working people and many of these mechanics are self taught and do damn good work. I don't think I'd take a Corvette to them, but a 17 year old truck..... sure.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know of anything downtown. But, buy a haynes manual and I'll come to you with tools, truck, and tow strap. I had early 2000s Silverado with the 305ci. Had fueling issues and had to change the pump. Exact same symptoms. I have fuel pressure gauge, OBD2 reader and the skill to help you diagnose. If it is the pump, we can drop the tank and change it out pretty easily. At a minimum, we should be able to figure out what it is....

And this is another reason I love Ingo.

Good on you sir.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Frankly.... I love this kind of stuff. None of my neighbors or friends ever need a mechanic... I'm a technician.

You know the difference between a mechanic and technician? A mechanic replaces parts and a technician fixes problems.

And, there's also a DIY garage at 42nd and Shadeland. If I don't have the tools for it, we can drag it there.

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    Unfortunately, the OP never came back.... I was actually looking forward to helping this guy.

I'm still here, literally. I was planning on having it towed in tomorrow because i'd feel bad putting anybody out, but I sincerely appreciate the offer Geek!!

I actually talked to a buddy from Lafayette, and he insisted on coming down tonight to look at it. We'll see where it goes.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Frankly.... I love this kind of stuff. None of my neighbors or friends ever need a mechanic... I'm a technician.

You know the difference between a mechanic and technician? A mechanic replaces parts and a technician fixes problems.

And, there's also a DIY garage at 42nd and Shadeland. If I don't have the tools for it, we can drag it there.

And where abouts in this fine city are you located? Generally speaking?

Car guys are always good guys to know and "have around"!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Larry`s Auto Service in Danville, (also known as Danville Performance), is where I go. They`ll tow you in with their own truck, and get you all fixed up.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

Or, you can google map search mechanics. Just West of downtown on Washington St is an area I call "little mexico". Lots of Taller Mechanico shops. Say what you will about Mexicans, but they're hard working people and many of these mechanics are self taught and do damn good work. I don't think I'd take a Corvette to them, but a 17 year old truck..... sure.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ is what makes INGO GREAT !!!!!

People helping people !!!!!

WilsonMD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Crown Point
    Many hands make light work! Not to mention the fuel pressure gauge was a critical component. It would have sucked dropping that tank with 2 people.

Top Bottom