• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nwebb01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2022
    US
    Looking to go to the Indy Auto show this week. Does anyone know what the deal is for the convention center? Metal detectors? Or just signs that most of us ignore?

Haven't been to the auto show or convention center in a long time.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    While individual event organizers may have their own policies, but the Convention Center is forbidden (by IC) to have a policy. No detectors any previous year (annual tradition for my wife and I to attend, up until recently). There is typically a policy statement on the event website.

CC and Carry On.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I can't find info about when the auto show is. They used to have constant commercials on tv about the show. Anyone have a link to the show information?

nwebb01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2022
    US
    I can't find info about when the auto show is. They used to have constant commercials on tv about the show. Anyone have a link to the show information?
    Well, after your comment, I did some research and it appears it's no longer a thing. At least how it used to be.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    There is no auto show at the convention center in Indy next week. I think covid pretty much killed it. There is one in June 2023 at the fairgrounds.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    There is no auto show at the convention center in Indy next week. I think covid pretty much killed it. There is one in June 2023 at the fairgrounds.

Thanks! I thought Covid had killed the annual auto show at the convention center, but was hoping I was wrong.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The show had been winding down for years before Covid. Every year, there were fewer manufacturers showing up and fewer demos, like the Jeep off-road experience. It's a shame as this was the oldest car show in the US. We made it a point to attend every year and now find there's not a lot to do in the week between Christmas and New Year like there had been in the past.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The show had been winding down for years before Covid. Every year, there were fewer manufacturers showing up and fewer demos, like the Jeep off-road experience. It's a shame as this was the oldest car show in the US. We made it a point to attend every year and now find there's not a lot to do in the week between Christmas and New Year like there had been in the past.
    I wish I had the problem of not having anything to do this week. Instead I work all week and the short weekend is there to recover as always

nwebb01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2022
    US
    It's unfortunate. I've enjoyed going to Indy or Chicago's (when I lived in NWI) for years with my dad and brother. Was hoping to start going with my kids this year.

Top Bottom