LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Glad you posted this.

This is pretty important in the public perception of our 2nd amendment rights and philosophies.

I only caught a small bit, but I'm going to get behind this guy and anyone that supports it.

Bikes trails and everything ran by Indyparks would apply I'm assuming.

For those that are in aposition, I'm going to call friends that live under those council persons to urge them to react.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    *Pats Self, and Pami on the back*

We brought the Parks issue to Councilman Coleman's attention last spring when he left the Republican Party for the Libertarian Party. It's nice to see politicians that pay attention to even two people not in his county.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Might I add, Marion County Residents.

Now is the time to write your specific City County Councilor, as well as all of the At-Large representatives. Tell them you want them to support Ed Coleman's proposal. We can look at national laws all we want, but the laws closest to us usually affect us most. Every marathon won started with a single step :)

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Everyone who can, please PLEASE get behind Ed on this. Call your city-county councilmen and let them know how you feel on this issue!!!!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I know Ed Coleman, we used to do Guard together, At Stout Field, a real level-headed guy, good man, married, family man, etc.... call write, whatever, lets get this going !!!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Way to go, Lars and Pami.:)

INGO makes a difference.

I'd love to legally carry on the Monon whilst bicylcing.

Edit: did everyone watch the video? See the guy with the Purdue stocking cap?

"Why do you need a gun in a park?" Ummm, because of the incessant muggings and attacks in Indianapolis parks like THE MONON TRAIL?

I don't know if I "need" a gun but it's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.

Last edited:

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    I've always thought that where law-abiding citizens aren't allowed to carry is where the BG's are going to wait the most. It's kinda inviting to them it seems...

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Those in favor of this need to try make it there because I guarantee the 'Hoosiers Against Gun Violence' Nazis will be there. Our representatives need to know that we are watching.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    From Ed Coleman

Subject: Re: Proposal #39

If you want to save a trip I would not go tonight. Unless of course you just want to talk to councilors about it. The proposal is only being introduced tonight. It will be heard for public tesimony at the next parks committee meeting. I thank you for your support though.

Ed Coleman

I think that meeting is to be held on Thursday night at 7 pm - I am going to verify that and post it here.

Top Bottom