Indy man charged with felony battery...shooting wanted murder suspect in the leg

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Firing a gun is using deadly force. If he admitted at the scene "I shot him in the leg to prevent him from escaping", the shooter confessed to using deadly force when he did not believe it to be necessary. The shooter also probably confessed to seeking out and initiating the confrontation, also not self defense.

This is why we don't fire warning shots. This is why we don't shoot to wound. Marion County has activist prosecutors who are happy to put trigger-pulling gun owners in prison. This dummy appears to have handed them a conviction on a platter.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I just read the book “The Law of Self Defense” by by Andrew F. Branca, 3rd addition. After 30 plus years of carrying, I can’t believe how much I learned from this book that I did not know. Too bad the shooter in this case did not read it. I highly recommend everyone read it so you may have a better understanding of the law and what is, and is not legal self defence.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Every time they call me I tell them I convinced 4 juries to convict and I am ready to go.

Top Bottom