• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Anyone running the Indy Mini this coming weekend? This will be my 2nd time. I will be in Corral O, up from Corral U. Hoping to beat my time from last year of 2:32.

Alex

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    best of luck to you! After breaking my foot last year (stairs), I haven't jogged in about a year. Oh yeah, I'm up about 20 lbs. too! I ran my 1st 1/2 marathon a year and a half ago and loved the feeling.

How has your training gone?

A. Ramon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Training as gone well this year. Last 2 long runs have been 10 miles and I still have a few miles left in the tank, so looking forward to it. Running solo this year, my friend that talked me into it last year backed out. Last year got into a foot pursuit and slipped on some mud. Something in my lower back moved the wrong way and I was laid up for about 2 weeks, which was about 5 weeks before the Mini. I was only 2 minutes off my goal time, so I was too hard on myself. The 2 weeks off did not help what so ever, but on a good note I did catch 2 out of the 3 perps...LOL.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have done the Mini the last few years, it's always such a rush to be running in a crowd that size. I'm missing this year, doing an Ultra in WI, (Ice Age Trail 50) but hope to be back for the next one. We're also doing the Geist Half Marathon on May 22nd.

If you want to start closer to the front, I think a time of 2:20 or better will get you up to G or H corral bext year, and that always makes the first 3-4 miles much faster. You can also get up front with a faster 5K, 10K, or 15K time. It's well worth it!!

Good luck!

Some day I'm going to get one done in under 2 hours, but it won't be this year!

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I've ran it twice. But the last time was about 10 years and 20 lbs ago! Agree with 6birds, it is a rush to be in the midst of a crowd of runners like that. My problem was in wanting to pass as many as I could! If not careful, that'll use you up before too many miles!

Top Bottom