• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just got back home and had a good time at the range... until this happened...
    IMG_1149.jpg

I'm not sure if it was the fault of the ammo or the gun. I was having a lot of FTF/FTE issues, but at first I attributed that to the 25 rd. mag I was trying out. I switched to the stock 10 round (This was in a Mossberg 702) and had the same problems. It may also have been due to the gun sitting for almost 2 years without being fired, and I didn't clean and lube it before going today. At any rate, I quit when this shell blew up! :n00b:

No injuries i hope:eek:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'll jump in here. I have not updated the site lately. Have that on the things to do list. It still shows that we just opened the range.
    We are now open on Sundays from 11-4. It has generally been slow on Sundays as not many people know we opened Sundays again. But based on today, you may want to get there a little early. We had up to an hour wait and could not accomadate everyone. A good problem to have on one hand and a bad one on the other. We do still have the discounted range passes available as well. Stop on in and get some hot lead therapy. Hope to see you all. Thanks

Glad the range is getting busy for ya!

As the others said no excuses. We have rentals available and you no longer need a ltch to bring a gun to or from the range.:ar15:

So - what's available to rent?

OK OK Hold you fire fellas, i'll be there but not until 2. I'll be the guy w/o the LTCH that your saying isn't necessary:dunno: Looking forward to meeting some of you guys if your around.:patriot:

You can go ONLY to the gun store for repair and the range without the LTCH. The law was just recently changed to allow carry to the range.

However, you can't go anywhere else. I wouldn't even personally stop for gas or McDonald's on the crazy offchance you get caught there with no LTCH!

What's the size of the range? Number of lanes? Length? What can I shoot? restrictions?
    Thanks.

You can shoot pistol calibers only (I believe up to .44 magnum). It's 5 lanes an if I remember correctly - about 75 feet long.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    What a nice indoor range. The only choose for me to shot in the mid of the week was at the crappy over price Dons Guns:( But now I go to The Trading Post. It is still about a 15 min drive comparied to the 5 mins to Dons ripoff, but it is well worth the drive and the next close's place to shoot at year round, plus the people there are GREAT!!!

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Was up there Sunday with my dad. I was breaking in my ria 1911. Dad said ruined the target cause I shot the bullseye out of it.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    First indoor range visit in quite a while, first one in IN so nothing else to compare it to yet. Got in at 2:30 today without any wait. Target marks at 1/2 range is 21' so 42' at full. No issues with anyone. 1/2HR range time, 2 BT5R targets and 100 rds. CCI .22LR ammo=$19.25

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    First indoor range visit in quite a while, first one in IN so nothing else to compare it to yet. Got in at 2:30 today without any wait. Target marks at 1/2 range is 21' so 42' at full. No issues with anyone. 1/2HR range time, 2 BT5R targets and 100 rds. CCI .22LR ammo=$19.25

Ha! I was just finishing up about that time. My first ever trip to the range was on sunday, of course I got addicted so I came back today and got a 10 session pass. Now my only limiting factor is affording ammo, I ran out today before the half hour was up. lol

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Just back from ITPs range.. It seems I just can't get enough of having a place to shoot in the winter. I don't know about perfect but practice does make for improvement. :) Brian said he may need to send me a bill for HAZMAT cleanup (lead) because of my frequent visits.
    Met a customer there to try the new Glock Trigger setup. He was impressed and wants 2 more pistols done.. Great day for burning powder.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    I also went there and they are good people and the range is decent. Hard to breath and not much air circulation though. My son with asthma had a hard time in the range due to that so we kept it short.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I also went there and they are good people and the range is decent. Hard to breath and not much air circulation though. My son with asthma had a hard time in the range due to that so we kept it short.

I've been using my 3m M95 dust masks there, which I wasn't sure about since they're for particles rather than smoke. But I must say that both times I've worn one I didn't have that smell stuck in my nose at all. The first day I ever went I was coughing it up and smelling it the rest of the day...

Top Bottom