• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Finally ready to announce that Indy Trading Post will soon have a shooting range. It will be pistol caliber. You can shoot pistols and rifles. No completion date yet. Will be 5 lanes. It should be soon if everything continues the way it has. Hopefully, everyone will be excited and supportive. I will update as I can.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Finally ready to announce that Indy Trading Post will soon have a shooting range. It will be pistol caliber. You can shoot pistols and rifles. No completion date yet. Will be 5 lanes. It should be soon if everything continues the way it has. Hopefully, everyone will be excited and supportive. I will update as I can.

5 lanes.....the lines will be 5 deep.......;)

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Congrats!!!!!
    Any rules set in place yet? Will standard lead FMJ or HP be allowed or will this range be of the "no lead" variety?

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Will you have memberships?

Probably not going to do the membership thing. I may explore it but I don't like how some of them are set up. When you come in and we tell you that you will be shooting in 30 minutes, in 30 minutes you are shooting. You don't have to worry about a member bumping you and next thing you know its two hours later and you are still not shooting. I have some other ideas. Cost will be cheap for a little while to get people in the door.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    This will make lunch time practice easy!
    We are hearing that a lot. Lunch time sounds like it may get busy. Maybe I will look in to a lunch wagon so everyone can come by shoot and get something to eat. Plan on trying to extend hours. Open earlier and stay open late so we cover about everybody that wants to shoot.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Couple of suggestions...
    1. No fast fire rule would be nice. Not that I plan to let it fly at full auto speeds most of the time, it would be nice to be able to test gear.
    2. Being able to bring and use my own targets rather than having to pay inflated prices for paper would also be nice (cough Don's cough couch).

Top Bottom