• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drifter197

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    s/w indy
    Myself and my two younger brothers when there to teach my youngest brother (40yrs old) to Safely handle and shoot his first semi-auto. They were not too busy only the three of us and two others on range and a few in the shop at 11:15 am. We put 300 9mm rounds down range in 45mins to 1hr. Then looked around the shop and bought 2 gun cleaning packs, one holster, and i will be back to pick up a new holster for my new to me handgun. I think they only hire great people at indy never had a bad time there at the range or shop. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS.

drifter197

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    s/w indy
    Is there some reason it is not on the list of shooting ranges? I have never been there and didn't know they had a range.

I don't know the reason for the list. they have 5 lanes (very clean and well lit) opened in dec. 2011. also, they have a lot of rental guns to shot. PRICES: $8/half hour and $4 for each extra person.
    HOURS: Monday through Friday 11am-7pm
    Saturday 11am-6pm
    Sunday 11am-5pm
    Indy Trading Post

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I've shoot there a few times. The staff is very nice and professional. Range is sufficient. The pulley systems aren't the best, but they work.
    390644_10150436225029818_108418639817_8753690_537460130_n.jpeg

Last time I went they told me they are limiting to 1/2 hour sessions. So, if you want to shoot longer, you may have to look somewhere else.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm assuming that you are referring to the one on the south side. Only complaint is that the range is not well ventilated, or atleast not as well as others I hAve been to.

Great eople at the shop

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm there regularly and IMHO they run a very tight ship. The range has always been a half hour rental but if no one is waiting they will let you go another half hour if you like. Too many people complained about long wait times at other places and "members" going to the head of the line so Brian solved that problem by limiting the lanes to a half hour and not selling memberships. He could probably make a little more money the other way but realizes that he would also lose customers.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    works pretty good for me as I am able to run over there at lunch from work, get in about 50 rds, grab a sandwich somewhere on the way back and still get back to work on time. It's a pretty good shop with pretty good people. Never had any issues there

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I've never been limited to 30 minutes there but that's probably because I'm there when they open and there's no one else waiting the range.

I will say ITP's customer service is great. I've ever been talked down to there or treated like I didn't know what I was talking about.

Back in February I bought the wife a new gun for Valentines day and took her to ITP to get some practice in with it. The wife and I had an argument there about how her grip sucks and it's going to get her hurt. She finally told me to shut up and she was going to do it her way. Two rounds later, she had a nice sized "bite" on her thumb and we were headed to the VA Hospital. After about 2 1/2 hours of waiting, the wife ended up with 3 stitches and a layer of tropical skin adhesive.

About 2 weeks later, the wife had me remove the stitches. After they were out, we packed up and headed back to ITP. The guys there were nice and didn't charge us for the 1st 30 minutes of our hour session because our last visit was cut so short do to the wife's injury.

Now as for my wife's grip that she supposedly learned in the Navy. The best way I can describe it is the "cup and saucer" grip. She gripped the gun with her right hand, set it in her left hand, and then crossed her left thumb over behind her right thumb.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Kinda comes down to person to person. I KNOW some people will not like that range, its older, not as well ventilated, but its fine. Check them out, Nice little place. I like their policy of stuffing everything out where you can see it and get to it. Some will think its too cluttered though.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=5132...tr:h,6979886964506973245,39.724784,-86.151202

Just how old do you consider "older" ?? The building itself has been around for a while, and I may be a little off, but the range itself was installed about 3 years ago or so.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Is this gonna turn into you calling me a whipper snapper? lol

Anyone who goes there will know what I meant by older.

Go to BGF range, then to to ITP, then tell me my comments were wrong.

That being said, Ive been to ITP twice as many times as BGF, so obviously I have no issues with it.

Top Bottom