• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Yes the Indy Star makes for hilarious reading. When I worked at the DNR you could count on certain writers to get any natural resources issue totally wrong.

I suppose it's in part due to the proliferation of journalism schools that teach students to be "journalists" when a little real-life experience is what's needed...

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I always thought it was hilarious when people slap subdivisions up in fields and wooded areas, and next thing you know, "Oh my goodness, There's deer and coyotes in OUR neighborhood." You're in their neighborhood.....

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Yes the Indy Star makes for hilarious reading. When I worked at the DNR you could count on certain writers to get any natural resources issue totally wrong.

I suppose it's in part due to the proliferation of journalism schools that teach students to be "journalists" when a little real-life experience is what's needed...

The star is a worthless rag. I would not line a bird cage with it... though I would use it to wipe my arse if I ran out of toilet paper. I would use the page with danny crapenter's "column" for the first wipe.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    I've heard that a donkey will protect livestock like chickens and goats from coyotes...I suppose a donkey would kick the living crap out of 'em!

not sure a donkey would protect them but a dead doney is GREAT bait for trapping. A friend of mine piled the coyotes and fox up trapping near a single dead donkey carcuss a few years ago

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Are we sure it's yotes? Could be yokels.

Maybe gun owners that don't wear glasses taking out the pets, thinking they are coyotes.....

Stranger things have happened. :twocents:

Top Bottom