• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thought I'd share some afterward photos of my shield when using enamel paint on the white dots to create a hi-viz sight system. I'm very happy with the turnout as far as color. I purchased the Testor's fluorescent kit from amazon for $12 shipped. Cleaned out the sight holes with an alcohol pad and dropped paint in and let it set up. I did have a little bleed over on the serrations on the rear. In real life you can't hardly tell unless to get right up on the sight but the camera really picked it up. The front sight is exactly the same color as my trijicon HD orange front sight on my P228. I've always carried this some but in the 4 o'clock position. I'll be ordering a Tier 1 Axis slim appendix holster soon for it and probably carry it more often. Wanted higher visibility sights without the $75+ cost.

2018-08-25_02-55-12 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr
    2018-08-25_02-55-01 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr
    2018-08-25_02-55-23 by Nyle Sullivan, on Flickr

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I need to something like this to nearly every gun I own: white does nothing for my eyes.
    Red, can't see that well.
    Green seems to do well: bought a gun with green sights today.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Nyle - look good. I like putting some paint on most front sights. Never done the rear sight before

First time painting the ol white 3 dot sights. In the past I've just went and bought a new set. I really didn't want to buy new for this gun as it has good steel sights already and they're recessed to hold paint well. I wouldn't even bother painting a plastic glock sight

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Will be looking for your new gun thread. What did you buy now?

1. Didn't even think of posting it; I figured everyone was bored to death with yet another .22LR purchase from me.
    2. The Wizard in the classifieds was helping an old friend sell a S/W Victory with green sights on it that he'd bought new but only shot a box of shells through.
    3. I met them in Lebanon at 8am Saturday and was so glad to get the gun: the perfect profile (imo) of who I want to buy a used gun from.
    4. Since it was in the Classifieds here I feel free to talk about the names and price.
    5. The price was $275, which was a normal good used price for a S/W Victory .22LR, but since it had only been shot so little and had upgraded sights on it, I grabbed it up immediately since I can't see the sights well on most of my guns (no color or just white).
    6. I originally bought a S/W Victory when I first started out 2 summers ago, buying a used one for $300, but it didn't do anything for me (I was into revolvers then), so I immediately sold it.
    7. Since then I have become addicted to and learn to enjoy the .22LR semi-auto, and have at least 10 of them, of which half of them I have bought fairly recently.
    8. Price: avg. $235, with a low of $175 (Beretta Neos) to a uncharacteristic high for me of $525 (Colt Target: 1997-98) (Colt name got me: I'm weak). The most expensive is not my most accurate: go figure.
    9. But, I love everyone of them and it brings great joy to me to take 4-6 to the range and pit them against each other.
    The Sig Sauer 250 D/A only, is one I could part with (as a lightweight polymer/plastic), but I enjoy practicing my D/A shooting with it, even though it is hard to shoot accurately b/c of the D/A only, but therefore the challenge, but it will be the first to go probably from the "bevy" I now enjoy.
    The SW MP Compact was sold Saturday since it was a lightweight polymer, and I sold a Walther P22 this summer for the same reason.
    10. I want a heavy metal gun in my hand at the range (the reason I fell in love with the 3 CZs I bought this summer, but only kept the Shadow 2: the heaviest and most accurate of the lot I had).
    11. Who know where I'll be next summer, but I think I'm settling down and narrowing my focus. As I have been told before: stop buying and just shoot what you have.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom