• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Winchester M1's are pretty desirable. I'd field strip it and see how many Winchester parts you got in that thing. From the looks of things, the receiver and barrel are. As mentioned, it could be a mix and you could get lucky. Here is a good guide to m1 carbine markings...

Part markings. (check here first) : Parts & Markings / Stocks

That import mark is for Arlington Ordinance/Blue Sky, and if I remmember correctly they were the biggest importers of M1's. They imported a bunch out of South Korea. I wouldn't worry about it being an import that much. A good condition import is worth more than a restoration in a lot of cases.

I have an early Inland GM one (with some the the trigger group and slide a mix of Saginaw and IBM) and I love it. Shoots like a dream and is probably one of the most prized rifles in my collection. I'd buy 10 more if I had the room and the money. I pine to have a Rock-Ola.

Last edited:

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ok well I finally got home today and got to field strip it. Looks like so far I can identify the hammer, trigger, barrel, front and reat sight, butt plate, and a couple other pieces are original winchester. I still have more work to do yet to make sure on the rest of the parts. Thanks very much Foxxwoof for the guide! I will look at it closer tomorrow morning and see what else I find. All the parts are in surprisingly good shape, just needs a good cleaning.

Top Bottom