• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I am going to place either an INFORCE or Streamlight wepon light on my Glock 19.

1. Any advice on which light is better?

2. I intend to have a Kydex holdter made after I install the weapon light. Any drawbacks to this idea?

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I have a streamlight and it's solid, really like it. The inforce is lighter and only uses one battery. I have heard they break under hard use. Inforce customer service is top notch, however.

On your other question, there are several companies that will make holsters for either light.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am going to place either an INFORCE or Streamlight wepon light on my Glock 19.

1. Any advice on which light is better?

2. I intend to have a Kydex holdter made after I install the weapon light. Any drawbacks to this idea?

I have no experience with Inforce product, but I can say that you can get Streamlight TLR lights that are much brighter. The latest TLR-1 HL is rated at 800 lumens, vs. 200 lumens for the Inforce pistol lights.

Another factor is that almost all Kydex manufacturers and benders make holsters to accommodate Streamlights. Unless you're getting a holster made locally where you can take your gun with light mounted to the kydex bender, it might be an issue funding something to fit.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    I daily carry a VP9 with an Inforce APL attached. I like the Inforce -- I would be hard-pressed to damage this light without (potentially) causing damage to the firearm at the same time. Additionally, I have yet to find a kydex holster manufacturer that doesn't supply a holster for an Inforce.

That being said, I have a bit of a beef with this light -- due to the location of the switch, it is possible to activate the light upon holstering. You realize this when you either: A) feel your leg burning or B) when your wife hears something downstairs at 3 am and you reach for your trusty sidekick, only to discover the battery left you a long time ago.

I like the Inforce and would recommend it for a nightstand gun or if you're a slender guy carrying Appendix (don't seem to have the issues with the light activating).

If you're built like me (big guy -- 6'1", 305) and carry IWB on your hip, I recommend the Streamlight.

That's my 2 cents.

Last edited:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've got 3 TLR-1's and I enjoy them. 1 on my work 17 and (2) on my nightstand 19's and have never had a major issue. My oldest one is probably going on 4 years old?

I did have an issue with a newer one this year. It worked great for 3 months and then it would only strobe went turned on. These models are not the one with strobe options. Sent Streamlight an email about the issue. The were prompt with the reply and emailed a shipping label to mail back the defective light. I had a brand new in box light back to me within 10 days. They just told me that they gave me a new light and not what was broke on the original. My guess was probably a short in the wiring somewhere. Overall I was extremely pleased with the customer service. Keep your receipts to help the process go smoother if needed though.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've been looking at both also. The switch on the Inforce is a turn off. On the plus side I did read somewhere that it was designed to fit any holster made to fit the Streamlight or comparable Surefire.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have no experience with an Inforce, but my Glock 22 wears the TLR-1 HL and I couldn't be happier with it. The switch is easy to control, it's WAY brighter than the original TLR-1, and it's solid. I can't compare it to a Surefire, since I don't really buy Surefire because I feel like while it's a good product, you pay quite a bit extra just for that name being on the product.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I have four or five of the Streamlight TLR-1s and one Inforce (rifle version, not the handgun one).

While I have broken the battery door off three Streamlights now (all still worked with the door sandwiched between the light body and trigger guard of the handgun), I would still choose the Streamlight over the Inforce. It is pretty robust and the newer ones are brighter than the Inforce. Mine have all gotten a lot of use and of the 100 or so we have issued out at work, very few have had issues.

You can't go wrong with Surefire either.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If I had to choose between the 2, Streamlight. If it were for my own handgun however, I would go Surefire. The XC1 feels like it was practically made with a Glock 19 in mind, it's perfect for it.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I think the common complaints against any of the Inforce lights is that they break under "hard use", but from what I've heard, especially for the lights you mount on rifles or long guns, the stories are actually people accidentally ramming the lights at full speed around corners because they were unaware of their lights as they turn and enough times, of course it can break. Simply dropping it won't really hurt it though

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I was in the same boat. Just ordered up a Streamlight TLR3. Looks like a nice small compact light. Should be a nice addition to my G17 or G21. Also ordered up some Trijicon HD's and some extra mags.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the common complaints against any of the Inforce lights is that they break under "hard use", but from what I've heard, especially for the lights you mount on rifles or long guns, the stories are actually people accidentally ramming the lights at full speed around corners because they were unaware of their lights as they turn and enough times, of course it can break. Simply dropping it won't really hurt it though

It's only one anecdote, but after I read about Streamlights breaking, I mounted a TLR-1 on an inert Glock 17 copy and banged the light on the top and edge of a heavy table for a few minutes one night to see if I could break it. I failed and it still works (looks a little different though!).

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It's only one anecdote, but after I read about Streamlights breaking, I mounted a TLR-1 on an inert Glock 17 copy and banged the light on the top and edge of a heavy table for a few minutes one night to see if I could break it. I failed and it still works (looks a little different though!).

The battery doors seem to be the only real weakness. The ones I had break were all attached to a Glock 17 (the same on, actually). The god part is the trigger guard kept the battery door mostly in place so they still worked. That wouldn't have happened on the ones I have mounted on rifles, but I haven't had ether of those fail (other than getting turned on while bouncing around in the trunk and going dead).

The doors are readily available and not expensive. I still like the TLR1s and they keep making them brighter.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The battery doors seem to be the only real weakness. The ones I had break were all attached to a Glock 17 (the same on, actually). The god part is the trigger guard kept the battery door mostly in place so they still worked. That wouldn't have happened on the ones I have mounted on rifles, but I haven't had ether of those fail (other than getting turned on while bouncing around in the trunk and going dead).

The doors are readily available and not expensive. I still like the TLR1s and they keep making them brighter.

Yeah, 800+ lumens in a package that small and handy is a good thing. I haven't upgraded from my older 630 lumen yet, though.

Top Bottom