• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Found a great deal on the 500 lumen INFORCE WMLx after Thanksgiving, I had to give it a try. I have two of the Haley 200 lumen momentary only WML's, but I never felt they were quite bright enough for any shots over 60-70 yards, especially through woods, the 500 lumens is much better. Here's a video I made this evening with a few pics, I'll update after I get a little more time with it.

[video=youtube_share;jZtMWaACxVA]http://youtu.be/jZtMWaACxVA[/video]

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    The video doesn't do the Haley WML any justice, I can see with it out to 90 yards, the WMLx is way better obviously. I've played with the WMLx indoors a little, you have to pay attention to the surfaces you reflect the light off of, it's easy to get to much flashback.

[video=youtube_share;9kbpECgRs_8]http://youtu.be/9kbpECgRs_8[/video]

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Does the WMLx still offer the ability to switch from white light to IR? I thought I read somewhere that functionality was removed, but cant seem to locate where I read that anymore. Instead the switch that used to change it (white to IR ) now changes the button functionality from momentary to constant.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Does the WMLx have the same battery draining design that has affected the earlier models (aka having to unscrew the head of the flashlight unless you want a dead battery in a week).

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Does the WMLx have the same battery draining design that has affected the earlier models (aka having to unscrew the head of the flashlight unless you want a dead battery in a week).

I was not aware of such a problem, with the three WML's I have, I've not had that problem at all. One of my Haley 200 lumen WML's is on its original battery, and still very bright.

Is this a problem you've personally had, or read about? The WML has two features to prevent battery drain while packed into a bag or case, one is twisting the bezel a quarter turn like you mentioned, and a switch cover. I'm curious how credible this battery drain issue is.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I know on three separate occasions in less than a week if putting a new battery in, and sitting in the safe, I would have a drained battery. Others online have had the same issue. I wonder if it's just the model that I have.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The main reason I have not actively considered these lights is that previous versions just didn't produce enough light for my preference. A 500 lumen version is definitely worth another look, especially if it has a reflector that gives it a decent throw. I really like the little lever that protects the switch from accidental activation.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I know on three separate occasions in less than a week if putting a new battery in, and sitting in the safe, I would have a drained battery. Others online have had the same issue. I wonder if it's just the model that I have.

Oh man! That's not good at all! I can say for sure, the three I have do not eat batteries, hopefully that's a problem they have fixed with all of their lights.

The main reason I have not actively considered these lights is that previous versions just didn't produce enough light for my preference. A 500 lumen version is definitely worth another look, especially if it has a reflector that gives it a decent throw. I really like the little lever that protects the switch from accidental activation.

I'm really impressed with the WMLx, it's has good throw, 100 yards is easy. You're welcome to check it out, just let me know when and where, :thumbsup:

Top Bottom