• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I would be interested to know which Hi Point factory this was. If I understand correctly the 380 and 9mm pistols are made in one factory. The .40 and .45 pistols in another, and the carbines in a third factory. I have heard some rumors that the 9mm pistols have more problems than the .45s and the carbines, but I have no first hand experience with the c-9.

Beat me to it!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Slight correction.

Roger that! :)

Have you guys ever owned or fired a Hi-point?
    I own three and and while one is yet un-fired the other two have many rounds through them with absolutely NO ftfs or ftes! Believe what you want, but I do have first hand knowledge!
    Not only do they go bang EVERY time, they are very accurate also.
    Not to say they haven't made some stinkers, I have heard the stories, but I've heard more negatives from people who have never touched one, just continuing the bashing because they are inexpensive and look like a Glock!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah, this factory was somewhere in Indiana; I forget what city she said it was in. And yeah; I thought that it sounded like it might be a pretty fun place to work.

If you've gotta do factory work, why not work in a factory with a lax dress code that lets you drink beer? :p

I don't know of a factory in Indiana... Mine were made in Ohio!

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I think what happens with Hi-points is a case of " I spent $600 for a gun that has the same accuracy and same reliability, I will not admit that I spent $500 on pretty" Like a bunch of women, I swear it.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Here is the deal
    I'm not calling BlueEagle's cousin a liar but neither am I going to get all bent out of shape over hearsay, on the internet, from somebody I don't know. All of my dealings with Hi Point, so far have been positive and their customer service is second to none. If the owner has a drinking problem and if the employees go around shirtless, it has had no affect on me so far.

<to original post>
    lol. Are you kidding me? 10 years ago when I was a bit more proud and self righteous, this would have greatly offended me. But now that I'm older and wiser and realize I'm nothing special and part of the human race myself..I could care less. As long as no one is getting hurt and guns are not getting stolen from there, then who cares. I would rather live in a country where a factory worker can have a beer while he milled out the hole in my hi point's slide then a country that would put him in jail for doing that.

^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^and ^^^^^^^^ this^^^^^^^^
    also can this " cousin" tell the difference between a drunk and hillbilly or someone with some sort of impediment? ( by no means any disrespect intended to hillbillies either, some of the nicest people you'll ever meet!)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    49967.jpg

Found this picture online taken inside the factory...looks like a pole barn, but the dude is wearing a shirt and no beer in hand :dunno:

I agree, the google map views do make the facility look small!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1015+...M_JnskJXB98KYgl_ccquQg&cbp=12,221.95,,0,-0.19

Looks like a concrete block building to me!!!!!

Besides.... I don't care if they are made in a cave.....mine are reliable, accurate, weapons!

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    A buddy at work told me he traded in his Hi point 380 to a local shop and they sold it in 2 days. When he asked how it got sold so quick the store owner said they didn't make the pistols anymore so used ones go super fast.

So to be fair it was 2nd hand info. I hope I am wrong so I can get a 9mm
    They told you wrong. Go forth and buy a C-9

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    made by drunks and purchased by drunks

i have been considering picking up one of those carbines recently, i just really cannot think of a reason to own one at the moment though

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    This thread got way more serious than I intended it to. I just thought we'd get a few chuckles out of it and be done with it. :p Did not intend to tick anybody off; just passing on some information that I thought might be relevant to our interests as I heard it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    There's a fine line between passing on "information", and passing along rumor and innuendo that affect someone's livelihood and reputation.

Let's consider some common things that are said about HP's and consider their severity, shall we?

1) I say that Hi Points are uglier than a mud fence == subjective judgment == me talking :poop:
    2) I say that my Hi Point had an FTE or FTF or something == honest reporting of the facts
    3) I say that my brother in law's third cousin (twice removed) said his Hi Point had an FTE == Typical HP complaint/hearsay. == Fair enough - but we all need to consider the source.
    4) I say that my relative said that the Hi Point factory workers were a bunch of drunks with no shirts and drinking on the job, and the owner is a bigtime boozer.... == Them's some pretty harsh words...

If you replace Hi Point with Toyota (or Cummins, or any other local manufacturer, or perhaps YOUR employer?? ) How would you feel? If you drove a Toyota (or etc....) what would your response be?

I don't work for HP nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night. But you really thought that it would be a matter of a "few chuckles"??? Really??

Last edited:

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    = If you replace Hi Point with Toyota (or Cummins, or any other local manufacturer, or perhaps YOUR employer?? ) How would you feel? If you drove a Toyota (or etc....) what would your response be?

Well, it sure wouldn't be :crying:.

Maybe :rolleyes:.

Or more likely :):.

And then, after I'd thought about it a while and realized that someone compared Toyota and Cummins with Hi Point, I'd be like :laugh:.

That's my :twocents:.

:)

Top Bottom