• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I belong to a diesel forum and a member posted a thread in regards to the trade of an antique firearm for a trailer. You have to be a member to view the post, but here is the info. he posted. I told him about all the knowledgeable people over here and said I would see what I could find out for him.:)

have one of my trailers for sale on craigslist....I gt an e-mail from a guy asking if I would be interested in trading my trailer for an antique rifle that has been in his family for a long time...he claims the rifle is worth at least 3k....what do you guys think? here Is an e-mail I got from him describing the gun....I got some pics but they are pretty ****ty

barrel is stamped H W Mortimer London Gun Maker ...to his Majesty bottom has London Gun Guild seal. plaque on stock says W Morris Esq to James Rees 1797 I was told that these type of guns were usally given to a person for a good job . W Morris Esq was an attorney in Phil Pa and the head of the Morris family and are known for helping with finances during the revolution and helped our founding Fathers with legal , treaties and land matters James Rees born Phil Pa 1763 worked for the Morris family as a clerk ,overseer , and land management. In 1797 Robert Morris and James Rees came to Geneva Ny to take charge of a large land tract aquired through a treaty The Big Treaty or Morris Treaty . In 1810 James Rees became Sheriff of Ontario county NY a couple of year James was Known as Major James Rees Deputy Quarter Master Northern Div Army War of 1812 He returned to Geneva and was the first Bank commissioner and then a Post Master died 1851
    You can get on line and check these names I found a little tale that James Rees knew G washington well enough to lend him a book this shot gun has been in my family well over 150 years and there is a possibilty that we may be related to James Rees I am still sifting through records
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom