• Status
    Not open for further replies.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I forgot pics on an ad last year. I just realized I recieved the infraction and that it says never on expiration. Seems a little harsh for leaving out the phrase no pics

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sometimes we do that for habitual offenders. You should PM the Mod that sent the infraction to see why, sometimes it's a mistake and should just be a normal infraction. I don't know the history on this one, so you'll want to PM the mod that originally sent it. It looks like that infraction was about 2 weeks ago though, not last year.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It was last year and I am not habitual. The one two weeks ago was me commenting on a for sale ad, which I didn't even bump since it was just posted. When I pmd him a couple weeks ago he said it was normal on a never expiration. I will try him again.

thanks
    ryan

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Oh, you're right.. I was looking at the latest infraction. The one that never expires is from Feb of last year. I'd send the mod a PM that gave the one that never expires and go from there. :yesway:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    OneBadV8: Why do they show up at all once they have expired? My lone infraction from an inadvertent comment in the classifieds back in 2011 is still on here.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I don't they ever disappear, but they do expire so they don't affect you after that point. They stay on there for the Mods to see and to be able to determine if there is a pattern with certain users or if things need to be escalated. For example, if you get multiple infractions for the same thing, maybe an infraction isn't helping and a temp ban is in order to get that user to pay attention.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have four, or is it three? expired infractions. If they are expired and cause me no trouble then if they want to leave them there to remind both parties what a bad boy I was/am, then I guess I don't really care. I have changed a bit and learned a bit so I better understand when you can and cannot break the rules and which ones you canonly break if you are among the chosen. A status I am not even sure I want. :)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It's not a big deal though, the other answer is that the software doesn't really allow Mods to remove them, and it'd be very time-consuming to do so. I'm not sure who these "chosen" are you are talking about, there are Mods that have past infractions.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The one that didn't expired has been fixed I love ingo! Now back to building/working/cleaning guns/pressing ammo and of course shooting!!!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ya -
    I got a couple infractions a while ago and they're still there. No biggie.

BTW - What the **** does "Inappropriate Language" mean anyway? :dunno:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Ya -
    I got a couple infractions a while ago and they're still there. No biggie.

BTW - What the **** does "Inappropriate Language" mean anyway? :dunno:
    I think you already know :):
    and what does it mean, "Insulted another member who first insulted me" mean?

Guess you aren't allowed to hit back here. :)

Well, you can hit back... but you get equal treatment for the insult. We'd rather you just report the insult :thumbsup:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I once received an infraction just for being awesome. Apparently, there are suggested limits.

Hasn't expired yet, doubt it ever will.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just curious how exactly is it that you think you know someone is a "chosen" one.. when Infractions, private msgs, Mod discussion, etc are not visible to other Members? :dunno:

You ASSUME there is no corrective action taken because you didn't see it?

There are no chosen ones, there are no special groups, members, bias, etc etc. Period. If you got an Infraction, then there is a 99.9% chance you deserved it. If we make a mistake, we reverse it. If a Mod makes a bad decision and other Mods think they went too far, we discuss it and reverse it if need be.

This isn't a paid position, the Mod Staff are all volunteers, what could possibly be gained by being biased for the benefit of certain members?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just curious how exactly is it that you think you know someone is a "chosen" one.. when Infractions, private msgs, Mod discussion, etc are not visible to other Members? :dunno:

You ASSUME there is no corrective action taken because you didn't see it?

There are no chosen ones, there are no special groups, members, bias, etc etc. Period. If you got an Infraction, then there is a 99.9% chance you deserved it. If we make a mistake, we reverse it. If a Mod makes a bad decision and other Mods think they went too far, we discuss it and reverse it if need be.

This isn't a paid position, the Mod Staff are all volunteers, what could possibly be gained by being biased for the benefit of certain members?

You gave me an infraction once and I've never fully forgiven you for it... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom