• ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Sorry to vent, but after a year of issues with Sony's Playstation Protection Plan, I need to blow off some steam!

I purchased a PS3 in September, 2010 and sold it in December, 2010. When I bought the PS3, I bought the 3-year warranty with the Playstation Protection Plan. Thus, in December, 2010, I called to cancel the plan and was told I would receive a check for $53 or so in about 6-8 weeks.

Loooooooooong story short:

I received a check for $22.90 in January. Nothing was on the check to suggest it was from the Playstation Protection Plan, so my wife and I assumed it was a result of a recent vehicle sale we had made and were owed some money from car insurance or something.

I called in February to Sony to see if and when my check would be arriving. We discovered that the $22.90 check WAS the check they were sending. The customer service rep said they would research it since it should have been more like the $53 initially promised and would call me back. They never called.

After ten months of phone calls and them promising to "research it and call me back" (never happened) and me providing a copy of the check itself to two different representatives, I fiinally spoke today to John (a floor supervisor at Sony's Protection Plan Center) who told me they had, at some undetermined point in the past, spoken to their warranty company and had verified that I had received a check for $53.99.

I explained to John that I had already provided a copy of the check I had received to them twice, and that I had also spoken to one of the warranty company's accountants earlier this month who verified that the only check they had ever sent out to me was for $22.90! I was willing to provide to John the young lady's name and contact information so he could make the five minute call and verify the fact that the warranty company themselves only have records of the one check for $22.90.

John proceeded to tell me that they would be unwilling to investigate the matter any further!!!! He said I would have to contact the warranty company on my own and work it out with them. SO, rather than them calling the warranty company and providing them the check number and verifying my account of what had happened, John headed for the locker room. In fact, at one point, when I told John I had already sent them a copy of the check (twice) via email, John stated that I could have altered the check.

Flabbergasted, I said, "Then why don't you call the warranty company and VERIFY the check and the amount!!!!" I told him it seems like the minute I provided to them the copy of the check (six months ago) that it would have taken them five minutes to figure the thing out. When I spoke with the lady in accounting, she was able to look it up and verified that I had received no other checks from them ever other than the one for $22.90. It literally took her two minutes to verify this.

I swear on all that is holy I will NEVER buy another Sony product ever again! I would encourage you to do the same!

I will also be contacting John's supervisor and giving them an ear full! THEY screw up and then accuse me of fraud!

Un-effing-believable!

Vanguard.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Sony died to me the day they insisted that I buy proprietary memory cards for all their game crap until the PS3.

Top Bottom