Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Hey turnandshoot4
    If you would/could, send me some info on the steele comp-that sounds like a good time
    Sent!

I sent Kevin and email with your name and a brief/incomplete description of what you need.

I recently dropped my account. I found out they stole my entire address book from my smart phone!!! I was shocked to find ALL of my contacts listed on Facebook from my phone. I also found my computer ran a heck of a lot slower after logging into FB.

Thanks! I will try to give him a call tomorrow and bring a bunch of things to his shop if he is willing to do some work for me.

I usually send a shout out to facebook to see if anyone wants to go shooting when it strikes my fancy. I work weird hours on weird days so I end up at the range often during the week. It would be nice if I someone came once in a while.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I usually send a shout out to facebook to see if anyone wants to go shooting when it strikes my fancy. I work weird hours on weird days so I end up at the range often during the week. It would be nice if I someone came once in a while.

Added you. Hopefully once I have some wheels I'll be able to make it down there more often, and maybe pluck up the courage to shoot more guns ;)

ps: my camera's not all that, but the glass is pretty nice.. props to you for capturing the pics of me. Once you said you were a photog I just let you have the camera - otherwise it's pointless with it being manual focus, but you had the focus nailed.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Apparently, my web hoster is having issues. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, the web, and print galleries, will be viewable in the morning.

OK, the print gallery is up. However, I can't seem to remove the watermark from the "viewed" version. But it will not be on the downloaded version.

If anyone has any problems, let me know. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR: SEP MEET & SHOOT

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $51.84 (jediagh)
    Expenses: -$37.17 (6 plywoods donated to range)
    Donations: $55 ($10 Ambu; $20 lonehoosier; $5 Bill B; $5 aimbot :dunno:; $5 anonymous 1; $5 anonymous 2; $5 anonymous 3)
    Post-Event Pot: $69.67

Thank you to our donors who have made it possible to give the range plywood each time we have been out. We have now donated 37 boards in 2011 (26 donated in 2010).

The plywood had the standard paper messages stapled to it & I did notice that all the plywood on the 25 yard range was from our prior donations and on the back out tag was still on them!!

This plywood was donated by the Northwest Indiana social group of INGunOwners.com
    Visit us online for upcoming events, Indiana gun laws and to talk with other Indiana gun owners.

logo1.gif

Hopefully a more permanent solution (ie. spray painted logo/text) can be done for the future.

Note RO Mr. Kraft was not there today and I did not get the name of the other RO but he did know who were are (the plywood donor group). :D I asked him if he needed any post for next time and he said just plywood and if we have any old brooms and plastic dust pans. NO metal ones as people tend to shoot those. So I will use some of the donation money to buy them some dust pans (x4) and if anyone has an old broom they no longer want the range can use them.

--FOOD UPDATE--
    A big round of thank you to all the food donors. We have a slew of stuff now for the next sessions.

lonehoosier outdid himself again! Bacon, mini-donuts and ho hos!

Here is the tally of food that is being frozen until next time.
    32 burger buns
    52 hot dog buns
    16 braut buns
    20 brauts (assorted flavors)
    24 hot dogs

I still have a case of burgers (32) left when I did a bulk buy earlier this year.

Also 1 unopened medium size chip bag + 10+ small size chip bags as well. (I think it was GB that brought those). A 3/4 full case of coke cans.

Yes Melensdad we ran out of burgers this time. :( I never got around to the other brauts and I did not see anyone ask for more. NEXT TIME ALL IF YOU SEE THE MEAT POT IS EMPTY SPEAK UP! WE BRING A TON OF FOOD TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN EAT, EAT, AND EAT SOME MORE. Joe can only eat so much you know. ;) I rather we finish all the food then have to luge it back & forth.

For next time I think we are set in the burger/dog/brauts & bread area. It will be the deserts that just don't keep along with the sides (salads).

BTW thank you to whomever brought the salads. Very little was left behind and I ended up putting those in the cooler at the end.

A great save by all those that brought more drinks. Lonehoosier, ShootingDave, and evilblackrifle that I know of. We have a lot of drinks so no one was dying of thirst. Heck you guys even finished the sarcasm drink!

Ketchupwe are down to 1/2 a bottle, Mustard we are good (1 unopened still) and relish we are still good on. :D

BTW even the RO had food this time around! :rockwoot:

--NEW GUEST--
    We had several first this time around. I can't recall all the names and I see some have posted already. At the end of the day we ended up with 34 people some from as far as England, Lafayette and Chicago!

--SPECIAL EVENTS--
    Thank you to all that attended the "moment of silent" for the 9/11 victims at 11AM CST.

Also congrads to all the participated in the first ever NWI INGO competition. The winners were:

1st Place: Shooting Dave with a score of 41 out of 48
    DGG9437Pw.jpg

He won a $5 Cabela's gift card!

2nd Place: gobber135 with a score of 40 out of 48
    DGG9438Pw.jpg

He won a GunBunnies "sexy" poster.
    The poster is PG-13 but if you were there you saw it. Otherwise you missed it, oh well! :D

3rd Place: turnandshoot with a score of 38 out of 48.
    DGG9440Pw.jpg

He won a camping spoon/beer opener!

& lastly the "boo-boo" prize for last place goes to subtlesixer03 with a score of 0 out of 48.
    DGG9439Pw.jpg

Sadly I forgot the "boo-boo" prize at home. :xmad: So we will have to give him his "certificate" at the next event. However it will show this wonderful image!

hotdog2.jpg

The on going joke is that if you say you are going to come and you do not show up we leave a hot dog in the wooded area for you. So that the next time you get to eat the old hot dog!:laugh:

So practice boys & girls because next month we will be going a rifle/handgun event. It will be 5 rounds rifle at the 25 and 5 rounds handgun and the 12 yard (we will move the entire line up BTW).

Prizes to be determined but for sure the "boo-boo" prize will return. :D

--MY DAY--
    Well I got to the range at 7:45AM (left the house at 6AM) so I could have some alone time since I knew I was going to have new-shooter (co-worker from Chicago & her daughter).

Started with the Moss 500 and got to see what the pattern with Buck 00 is at the 10 and 20 feet distance is. I noticed that when I shoot with it the hits are always higher than where my beed is at. So it looks like I need to aim lower to hit what I want to hit. But overall the shots are tight & it gives me a better understanding of where the shots may land since this is my HD weapon and the concern is the distance between upstairs hallway vs down where a BG may come into the house. I'm happy with the results. Perhaps in the future I can trade this SG for a Rem 780 since the Rem with the pistol grip "feels better" on the arms than the Moss.

@WD did you enjoy the slugs in the Moss with the Knoxx stock on it?

After the shotgun I moved over to the 10/22 & the appleseed targets. The 10/22 still does not have the sling. :( I have the hardware but to chicken to drill the holes myself. So either save up $30 to have guthridge do it or bum a favor off someone.

In any case my scores where as follows with 10/22 with TechSights + Federal Bulk Ammo:
    Test 1 = 180 (sharpshooter)
    Test 2 = 168 (marksmen)
    Test 3 = 54 :( This was with AK-47 WASR-10
    Test 4 = 180
    (sharpshooter)

So it appears I do need to get that sling since I can't seem to break the 180 marker yet. I have begun to pull the trigger when I release my breath as oppose to holding my breath and pulling trigger but it's still a "think & do" event vs a "just do natural" event.

Still I'm happy with the results on the 10/22. If I rush I get crappy results as Test 2 shows. If I focus I get the better results.

Now with the AK I'm not sure what the heck happened. I did real good when I was standing (5s and 4s) as well as sitting (4s) but in the prone position I missed all the targets! All my hits were way, way high off the targets. Not sure if it's the 30 round magazine that makes for an odd prone position (the magazine is not in the way (ie. touching the floor) that I can tell) or perhaps the weight of the rifle while prone. The ammo is also surplus stuff and I know the AK is not a precision machine but when I stand I can HIT stuff with it. So not sure what gives. Will have to try some more shooting with it to see if it's me, the rifle or both of us. ;)

Around 10AM my co-worker finally showed up (she got lost for a while). :n00b::laugh: She was/is looking for a shotgun for her house in Chicago but after firing the 20ga she is not sure anymore. She did however like the 10/22 ruger & a SIG in .380 (Clif45's I think). She tried out several guns in .22, 9m, .40 and even my 1911. The bigger surprise was her 15 year old daughter. She knew her handguns alright. (PS. Her dad who lives in Iowa has taken her out a few times shooting without her mom knowing till today). She shoot my Ruger Mark III and then asked if I had anything in .40 since she did not want to try the 1911. So clif gave her his XDm .40 and she took it, slapped a mag in it, chamber the round and off she went with it. Clif & I were like :n00b:. The girl could handle her guns! :rockwoot:

She did get to try out several rifles and shotguns as well (1st time) and did enjoy it. My co-worker asked when the next one is going to be because they want to come again. Not bad, not bad!

Other Guns
    Turnandshoot I hate you, hate you, hate you! That .308 big gun (no clue what it is) I was hoping for a big recoil but alas it was a let down. However me like, me like. How much does such a unit cost? What about the ammo? .308 is bigger than my 7.62x39 right? That rifle is it in the same category as a FAL meaning battle rifle?

GB thanks for bring out the Thompson. It's a beauty for what it represents history wise but that is not a gun! It's a exercise weight device! Heavy as sin!

To all those that let me try their 9mms THANK YOU. Now I know that NONE of them I liked! The grips are just too fat for my taste but alas this is why we have these events so we can see/use others guns and see if it will work for us.

@lonehoosier sorry but I'm never, ever going to touch your GLOCKS! :laugh: Still trying to get that GLOCK slime off my hands. ;)

I keep going back to the XDm in .40 that CLif45 has. That is a nice gun vs my 1911. Also there was a S&W MP I think? Not sure who had it or what the caliber was that was OK. They told me with the slimmer back strap it might "fit" my hand better. Who's gun was this and what was it called. :dunno:

@sadclown
    Thank you for coloring my ruger MK III so the text could come out in white! It looks much better than with the no color on it. I forgot that I had my 10/22 and WASR as well. Can those be done as well?

Also what is the brand of the nail polish I need to get.
    Yes boys & girls I can going to get it in PINK so he can do my other guns with it. :D

--IN OTHER NEWS---
    images

AutineBellum & Bubba
    detonics_451
    GhostOfWinter
    grovatron
    tron-in-tron.jpg

We missed you guys! :ar15:

--SPECIAL THANKS--

• Clif45 for helping unload the plywood.
    • Shooting Dave for the extra plywood donation.
    • lonehoosier & melensdad for manning the cooking frying pan & grill #2 while I was on grill #1.
    • Joe, melensdad & the "school teacher" lady who is doing the walk-a-ton event (sry I can't recall your name! :() for helping score the tournament targets.
    • To everyone that let me co-worker use your guns.

--FINAL THOUGHTS--
    Great event all! Good times all around. Be on the look out for the next MEET & SHOOT thread in a few days and the PMs for it. :D The OCT event will be on one of the following SATURDAY 8th, 15, 22, or 29th. We only have 2 left for this year. OCT and NOV. The NOV on will be either the 1st or 2nd week of NOV.

--OTHER ACTIONS--
    Don't forget the other events upcoming.

Note that TFT has lowered the price for this course!
    24 SEP Indiana Gun Law @ Cabelas
    Register
    More info here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/162399-nwi_gun_law_course.html

24-25 SEP Appleseed @ Rochester, IN
    Register

Also RedNeck Medic is coming to South Bend, IN for his class.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._i_need_your_help_rnm_trauma_coming_soon.html

--------
    Jedi, I saw you unpacking the van on my way home. Now I know where you live.:shady:

:dunno: Nope that was not me. I lost my van in a boating accident today after the meet. :D

Wow looks like you all had a 100% perfect day! Great pics...hopefully I can make one of these things. But spent the day down at Purdue to see my daughters.

You can ONLY come if you bring the girl in the avatar with you. Otherwise sorry. :laugh::laugh:

It was great to meet new people and see some familiar faces! Whoever has the salsa please enjoy it! Please don't throw away the jar. I'll take it when you are finished if you don't can.
    I can the jar. My -in-laws can food and Thank You for the donation. :D Don't worry I'll clean it and it will be at the next event.

I recently dropped my account. I found out they stole my entire address book from my smart phone!!! I was shocked to find ALL of my contacts listed on Facebook from my phone. I also found my computer ran a heck of a lot slower after logging into FB.

& that is why you set up a fake account at FB and LOCK it down. ;)

-----
    --------
    Final Comments

I'm tired and have yet to clean the guns. Good thing I took tomorrow off. The grill and food are all done but alas tomorrow I have some gun cleaning to do.

Nite all!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    lonehoosier shooting my AR at 100 yards.

6b89d4ac.jpg

50e9aa95.jpg

My 100 yard target with PSA 16" upper, Millet DMS-1, and cheap American Eagle .223.

54c0ffe8.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks sadclown.

BTW get your AARs & Pics in as this thread will close on WED.
    Also I hate turnandshoot & melensdad the scopes you guys have are sweet! The one on the .308 rifle and the one on the blue AR also. I prefer my iron sights but I think when I finally build and AR one of those scopes for sure. Now my itch for an AR so I can do more precision long distance is getting to me. GGGRRRRR

I blame GB for all this "gotta fill up the safe" mentality.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I blame GB for all this "gotta fill up the safe" mentality.

That way you can buy another safe :rockwoot:

I have 2 incomplete ARs that I'm not sure what to do with at this point in my life.

One will very likely end up with a dedicated 22lr Upper on it. I've already got the upper, got the lower, just have to build up the lower.

The other is just a stripped lower. I'm actually thinking of a lightweight 6.5 Grendel with a 16" tube on it might make for a good gun. That would give me 3 different barrel lengths in the 6.5 on 3 completely different types of AR builds. One long range precision. One 18" precision tactical that just happens to also be yellow. And one that would be more of an M4-gery type gun . . . probably make that one a sane color like OD Green or Tan, or heaven forbid, plain black and maybe with a gas piston too?

Last edited:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I would like to thank Gobber135 for using my rifle to take 2nd place in the shooting competition and only losing by 1 point. He had never shot my rifle before that day, but us lefties have to stick together. When I saw him shooting a Savage Mark V the wrong way I had to offer to let him shoot mine. And a wonderful job he did too.

http://www.knippixels.com/People/INGO-at-Winimac-911/Web-Images/i-RrGBFJn/0/M/DGG9415Pw-M.jpg

But no offense, you don't look as good shooting it as this one. :rockwoot:

IMG_0366.jpg

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Also, I must know what kind of hot dogs those bright red ones were. They were amazing, it might be that I have been eating bland nutrisystem meals for 7 months, but those red dogs were great. Who makes them and where can I get some for when I am done dieting?

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Looks like you guys had a perfect day and a wonderful time. I hated to miss it. I am soooo looking forward to October! We can make Saturdays.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    lonehoosier shooting my AR at 100 yards.

6b89d4ac.jpg

50e9aa95.jpg

My 100 yard target with PSA 16" upper, Millet DMS-1, and cheap American Eagle .223.

54c0ffe8.jpg

Thanks again for letting me try that out. That was great. I am diffently filling the itch to get one but I don't think it going to be in .223 more like 9mm

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I found this photo this morning. I moved it to the videos folder by mistake. It's a shot Byron took of me shooting his SCAR. Check out the flying brass;

DGG9428Pw.jpg

Good timing, Byron!

Still working on linking the videos. Here's one I linked on my photobucket account;

Figured out how to get the vids on my site. They play in Hi def, too. :) I'll post when I get them uploaded.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I spent about 4 hours sitting and chatting with Andy219 today. He was totally bummed that he got called into work at the last minute yesterday morning. He works most weekends now and doubts he'll make any shoots this summer. Apparently because of his extended sick leave he's pretty much out of 'days' that he can take off and at the mercy of his work schedule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom