• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Just a note... Some people are picky about steel cased ammo going through thier firearms... and that Herters stuff appears to be steel cased.... I might throw the AR pistol in the back of the Jeep also and I don't care what you put through it as long as it started life out as a 223/5.56 it's good to go...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just a note... Some people are picky about steel cased ammo going through thier firearms... and that Herters stuff appears to be steel cased.... I might throw the AR pistol in the back of the Jeep also and I don't care what you put through it as long as it started life out as a 223/5.56 it's good to go...

Correct Herters's brand ammo (which I think is a Cabela's exclusive) is STEEL CASED AMMO!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Just to clarify if anyone wants to shoot my AR I'd prefer brass cased. I should be able to pick up a few boxes of ammo before the shoot if anybody would like to put some rounds through it.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I know I just met you oncee, so if you don't I sure won't be offended. But if you pick up an extra 50 or 100 I'd gladly pay you for them. I just doubt I'll have any time to go shopping around beefore the shoot. And I'd sure like to try some AR's.

I will pickup a hundred and split it with u. I just hope I don't get that AR fever :) I will make sure its brass.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Jedi are we able to set up targets closer to the benches. I would like to shoot at 7 yards. I read another thread were he toke a peice of plywood maybe 16 in by 36 in with to legs of the top to hold it up and staple the targets on it. Do u think that would be alright.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi are we able to set up targets closer to the benches. I would like to shoot at 7 yards. I read another thread were he toke a peice of plywood maybe 16 in by 36 in with to legs of the top to hold it up and staple the targets on it. Do u think that would be alright.

Yes & No.
    In the past we have moved the entire 25 yard line up closer to where the plywood is at so that we could shoot handguns. It's just a matter of having "control" of the entire 25' yard and getting everyone to agree we are moving up the line. It has not been an issue in the past since we hog up the entire 25' yard.

We have also brought PVC target stands and shoot from the benches after setting up the targets closer to us. But alas some of the boys got to wild & blasted the units to the point where they were no longer usable. :(

I have seen the 4-H club bring a wooden like T stand where they hand paper plates and smaller targets from the ---- of the T portion of the stand. It was a basic 1x4 wood staked into the ground. You could bring something like this and we can make sure we give you the far right bench to shoot away at.

I can tell you for the OCT MEET & SHOOT we will be moving the line up since the pistol competition will require it. :)

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I was thinking about putting it in-between the other plywood targets so it would not be in line of those that way you have the option to shout at ether or.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was thinking about putting it in-between the other plywood targets so it would not be in line of those that way you have the option to shout at ether or.

hum... but where would you shoot from then in order to ensure you are getting to the back stop and not criss-crossing the grass to the backstop. :dunno: Only place i can see is the far right where the grass is at?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I thought there were gaps between each plywood target stands at 25 yards. Put it closer between them so it wont take away from the 25 yard. Just throwing out ideas. It seem that there are alot of handguns and 25 yard is abit much for me at lest :)

jrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    hammond
    I thought there were gaps between each plywood target stands at 25 yards. Put it closer between them so it wont take away from the 25 yard. Just throwing out ideas. It seem that there are alot of handguns and 25 yard is abit much for me at lest :)

There are gaps I would have to say between 3 and 4 feet? maybe.

*side note*

I recieved in the mail saturday my LTCH only took 4 days! My "toy" is in FL and it looks like a race to get it back before the 11th. Im still a maybe.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    There are gaps I would have to say between 3 and 4 feet? maybe.

*side note*

I recieved in the mail saturday my LTCH only took 4 days! My "toy" is in FL and it looks like a race to get it back before the 11th. Im still a maybe.

I have a glock 19 and a glock 26 both are gen 3. You are welcome to shoot them I will have some ammo but if you want to put a hundred round throw them buy some 9mm ammo and have at it. I get ammo from walmart it's about $13.00 for 50 rounds.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have a glock 19 and a glock 26 both are gen 3. You are welcome to shoot them I will have some ammo but if you want to put a hundred round throw them buy some 9mm ammo and have at it. I get ammo from walmart it's about $13.00 for 50 rounds.

Cabelas has brass 9mm ammo for $9.99 for 50 this week. The Sellier & Bellot brand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom