Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You must smell & thus why nobody wants to ride with you. :laugh:
    Here is who was looking to carpool.

NapalmFTW from Highland/Griffith area I think
    EvilBlackRifle from Portage (I think Joe is picking him up and Clif is taking him back).

@Andy
    Updated the list to include +1

Wow we are close to 30 people now!

I'm starting to think you're right. Even the guys that were begging for rides have turned me down. I'm gonna have to shower.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So I'm guessing I should bring the M1 Carbine and a couple mags ? and if someone wants to bring some 45acp to put through it I could bring Shellie's M1A1 Thompson to shoot some I guess....

shellie4607.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    censored.gif
    you GB! You sure know how to "stay on topic". ROFL!!!

I'll bring some .45 for to play with Shellie. I mean I play with that M1A1 Thompson.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    Jediagh or anyone else that knows,

What is to become of all the spent brass at an event like this? Does anyone normally take it, or can I sift through it for myself?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    If you can beat my wife to the ground picking it up.... LOL...

I do pick my brass up as much as possible but I don't think any of us have ever been really hogs about it...

Can you please pick all the 40 cal stuff up before I get down there looking for the 9mm stuff cause I hate it when I accidentally stick a 40 cal in the dillon, don't you know...

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    So I'm guessing I should bring the M1 Carbine and a couple mags ? and if someone wants to bring some 45acp to put through it I could bring Shellie's M1A1 Thompson to shoot some I guess....

shellie4607.jpg

I just picked up a an extra box of .45acp and 9mm... But if you were to bring that gall I'd throw down on a case of .45's to see dem tig ol bitties bounce:D
    oh yeah... (:ar15:"wobble, wobble, wobble, wobble...")

ahem... anyway, just saying I'm bringing some .45, and 9mm, and wanted to say that the pork looks good, but if Joe was "rubbing it" than I'll personally drop it next to the headless deer in the woods behind the 25 yard, or perhaps behind the bush that contains all the hot dogs he missed out on so far:):

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    On another note,
    I don't want to solicit while everyone is shooting and having a good time, so I will say this briefly and if you are so moved you can talk to my wife or myself about it at the shoot. For any that would be willing to donate for a good cause, my wife and I are participating in the Walk against MS. The weekend following the shoot we will be walking for two of our family members battling this disease: my mother in law and sister in law. Any and all support is greatly appreciated. Thanks

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jediagh or anyone else that knows,

What is to become of all the spent brass at an event like this? Does anyone normally take it, or can I sift through it for myself?

We have 3 brass hogs in the group: geronimojoe85, Grovatron and gunbunnies. The latter 2 I know reload. Grovatron in .45 and GB in 9mm & thus why they pick up their brass and then some. geronimojoe85 (aka Joe) is into reloading revolvers so his "pick up" is easier. However as already stated what ever you can find is yours. :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My wife's pretty tough to get brass from.... just saying...

Locust, very bad..... but I'll send her a link to your post and see what comes of it...

By the way she could handle that Thompson very well...

Jedi, have you checked your PM's ???

and I'm not a brass hog, really.... look over there while I get some more brass...

I hate it when I get the 380's mixed in with the 9mm's and the 40's and the 45acp's and the....

I know aren't the revolvers cool for reloaders, my 38/357 brass never has to hit the ground....

Well, I'm gonna have to put the nephew in the trunk to carry some of this stuff out to the range and back, that M1A1 weights a ton...

Andy, I haven't seen you in way to long... good luck on your breakout...

I think I'm gonna be able to shoot for alittle bit this trip out.... my foot is feeling better... blasting time...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm not a brass whore, but rather a selective picker!

While I typically do not pick up too much of my 380, 9 or 45 brass; when I bring out a 6.5 Grendel or other odd cartridge rifle, I do scour the ground around me to try to reclaim all my oddball cartridge brass.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Melensdad thats just being efficient and smart... That stuff is worth it's wieght in gold to someone that shoots those calibers... I do the same thing with my brass for my Encore or bolt guns as the brass was sized and reloaded just for that firearm and it's a bit of an expense to do that all over again to get the same results from shooting those rifles... If my wife see's any of your brass you will get it back pronto....

I feel the need to make some noise and smell some burn't gun powder... Good thing tomorrow is the day....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    gb . . . I seriously doubt if your wife got any of my Grendel or 458 Socom brass while doing her sweeps, when we touch off those rounds we usually pick up the brass right after the magazine in the gun is empty so we keep pretty good track of it. I typically only lose about 1 or 2 out of 20.

I don't just reload revolvers. Although that's what I reload most.
    But I always have my eye on Joe! He seems to reach right past the aluminum cased rounds I bring, shoots my brass cased stuff and then takes home my brass!

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You got to watch out for Joe. He will stand beside you catching the brass as you shoot. :)

THATS EFFICIENT!! It saves me having to bend down to pick it up.

And in the interest of keeping this an event related post.
    You guys are going to love the "little extra" I have planned for the competition.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom