INGO AK-47/74 BUILD PARTY !!!! (Nov 7th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm packed up, I missed the part where it started at 11... haha. I was primed to be there at like 7:45... I guess I'll work on the house for a bit. I'm bringing all that I have, though i dont have any of the requestwd parts. i just hope to see some peoples piles of parts turn into some sweet shooting rifles! Any chance of heat treat this weekend?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    what kind of heat treat do you want to do? we've never done a full heat treat but some have heat treated the FCG holes before. I can bring a MAP gas torch if needed.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    what kind of heat treat do you want to do? we've never done a full heat treat but some have heat treated the FCG holes before. I can bring a MAP gas torch if needed.

I'm not too fussy, I just have two flats folded up from the last party I attended that I havent heat treated. All of my previous builds have been on NDS receivers, but if possible, i'd like to used the flats. I'd be fine with just FCG holes, I just dont know how.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Just wanted to say I had a great time today, and thanks to Clay, Duffman, Wabbit and everyone else who was so helpful. I look forward already to the next one!

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Just wanted to say I had a great time today, and thanks to Clay, Duffman, Wabbit and everyone else who was so helpful. I look forward already to the next one!
    I alway love a excuse to get away and play with guns... special thanks to USDS and triggertime they made all this happen... i was amazed by the turn out and cant wait to see some pictures

tiretrack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    our side o the wire
    I just wanted to say thank you to usds & triggertime for hosting and Wabbit, Clay and duff man for all the help ,gracious use of their tools and the wealth of info and expertise. I had a blast and learned a ton. I am so glad I finally made it to an ak build

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Had a great time!! thanks to all who came and made it fun! Lots of interesting stuff going on and I think we had a good setup going this time. One thing I was really happy about was there seemed to be a lot more helping with builds and the builders doing a lot of the work themselves, and builders helping each other as well.

Overall a great time! We should probably try to do another one in the spring.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I thought the builder participation was really good in the short time I was there. It's scary working on the rifle for the first time but getting your hands dirty is the only way you can learn. Mistakes will happen but fixing them is just more learning. At the next event I'll immediately setup for rails welding. Hopefully I will have the spot hardening video done by then.

Thanks to everyone for making it a friendly event for my son to watch. He said he really enjoyed all the rifles and the equipment. He helps me in the lair all the time.

cbxjeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Lizton
    I have 3 complete receivers and 3 parts kits that I've had for about 7 years. I've never tried anything like this and need some (no, a lot of) help. Any idea when the next build will be scheduled?

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Hope so, sooner the better I have 2 kits that are partially complete and screaming for attention. Then the family will be complete. For a while. maybe.

Top Bottom