• Status
    Not open for further replies.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I only know my own experience, and so far, so good. Twice emailed them with questions and they very promptly replied with exactly the info I needed.

I'd love to see some links to the reviews so that I know what to watch for, if it involves the bcg.

an OK review: red x arms??? - AR15.Com Archive

Decent review: RED X ARMS - AR15.COM

BBB "F" rating: Red X Arms Business Review in Starbuck, MN - Minnesota and North Dakota BBB

bad review: Jam live round with spent shell ???? - AR15 Armory.com

bad review of the company: http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=123644&view=findpost&p=2050097

I can't find the one that made me stay away, but I am leery of them.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    an OK review: red x arms??? - AR15.Com Archive

Decent review: RED X ARMS - AR15.COM

BBB "F" rating: Red X Arms Business Review in Starbuck, MN - Minnesota and North Dakota BBB

bad review: Jam live round with spent shell ???? - AR15 Armory.com

bad review of the company: red x arms - AR15 Armory.com

I can't find the one that made me stay away, but I am leery of them.

Thanks! I look forward to reading these. I found a few reviews of the bcg's, and they were good, except for one, which had gas leaking out from the key. The guy tightened the screws and re-staked them, and said it was fine from then on. Mine look to be better staked than what I saw in the photos of his. I'm going to see how they stand up to a bunch of Wolf ammo. I'll probably upgrade at least the springs, and if the ejectors show quick wear, I'll swap them out for better ones, too.

I'm surprised at the guy who said he couldn't get a response from them. The two times I contacted them, they responded immediately. Maybe it was because I didn't have a problem. However, one of the questions was about the back order, and how long it would take. The answer they gave me was exactly how long it took. They also didn't charge my credit card until the day it shipped. Maybe they're learning.

Last edited:

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    This is awesome! I plan to go. I have a lower, but need a parts kit, tube, spring, and buffer to assemble my lower. I would like to watch and learn about upper assembly.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I will be there to finally build out 2 lowers from the PSA $50 Chistmas lower sale in 2011. I will have punches, tape, and a stock wrench that all are welcome to use. I cant seem to find my vise block though. I can still bring a portable vise if that will help.
    I will also have 2 spare Magpul MOE pistol grips available if anyone needs them.
    -Andy

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Alright, guys, the build party is almost upon us. Do we need to pitch in for snacks and drinks? How about coffee? Is there a coffee maker there? I could bring a tin of coffee, for starters.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Does anyone know if there is a coffee machine? I figured it might be nice to have at least something warm to drink and help fuel the fun. I've got a load of paper coffee cups, too, that I can bring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom