Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Unrelated question...

Is there a way to block entire threads from showing on INGO? Say, if a thread or group of threads were so particularly asinine that you'd rather not even have to see them when browsing a subforum you frequent?

...asking for a friend.

I also have a friend that would like to know.

This question has been asked and answered a number of times before. Apparently there is a feature available in this software that allows this to be employed but for whatever reason, it was not turned on or enabled. In the meantime, I might suggest you do as I do when I encounter threads that bore me or irritate me -- scroll by them. Let's not employ the offended snowflake strategy that our lefty friends do to quash discussion others may enjoy just because it makes us sad.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This question has been asked and answered a number of times before. Apparently there is a feature available in this software that allows this to be employed but for whatever reason, it was not turned on or enabled. In the meantime, I might suggest you do as I do when I encounter threads that bore me or irritate me -- scroll by them. Let's not employ the offended snowflake strategy that our lefty friends do to quash discussion others may enjoy just because it makes us sad.
    I don't understand why you guys are so upset by the comment. It was meant to be a joke. I don't believe I'm the one that's offended.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Well said. :yesway:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't understand why you guys are so upset by the comment. It was meant to be a joke. I don't believe I'm the ones that's offended.

I'm not offended. I'm offering assistance. I'm a helper...it's what I do.

ETA: I forgot the tell-tale sign of not being offended... a big, friendly smile. :D

:)

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I'll be looking for the two of you in the shooter thread.

fark_rswsteOrCROA7rjqEh-0IMtuKHM.png

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand why you guys are so upset by the comment. It was meant to be a joke. I don't believe I'm the ones that's offended.

You were just unlucky enough to be the most recent poster in the thread, the original comment called the thread asinine in a less than joking way. it wasn't as pointed at you in particular.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not offended. I'm offering assistance. I'm a helper...it's what I do.

ETA: I forgot the tell-tale sign of not being offended... a big, friendly smile. :D

:)

You were just unlucky enough to be the most recent poster in the thread, the original comment called the thread asinine in a less than joking way. it wasn't as pointed at you in particular.

:yesway:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Would atheism exist without theism? Yes, of course it would. If no one believed in theism everyone would be atheist...by definition. Would people call life without gods "atheism"? No, probably not...we'd probably just call it "life".

Agnostics just call it life, right? What sets you apart from them except denying that you could and would be able to know all things?
    Do you, by default, consider yourself an "a(fill in the blank)ist", believing that all the things you don't know could and would be known by you and, therefore, do not exist?

Or is God somehow special for you in this regard?

Is this why you brought me here? ...

I will bring you as far as you challenge me to bring you, as far as you allow me to bring you. That's what friends do.

Top Bottom