• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Please move if this is not in the correct place.

I'm traveling to PWM today. While I was waiting for my flight to leave, I tried to log onto INGO and the site was blocked for being "weapons" related. Funny how it doesn't block me from AZ gun owners forum (I'm moving there later this year), or Sportsmans Guide where I can actually BUY ammo and gun related parts and supplies. I tried several other gun related sites I've got bookmarked......TTAG is banned but not Bearing Arms.com........Armalite.com is banned but not Parabellum Indoor Shooting range. Geez Louise guys.........make up your minds. Are you banning all weapons related websites or not.

BTW, I did send a message to the administrator and complained about the ban. Maybe we can get a bunch of others to complain and get unfettered web access at the airport.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm sure they use a 3rd party internet filter, and have no idea what is actually getting blocked. Nor do they care, as long as no one important complains.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ran into the same thing years ago at the Valvoline in Fishers. Their 3rd party software had INGO blocked. I sent a message to the admin, but it never did any good.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm sure they use a 3rd party internet filter, and have no idea what is actually getting blocked. Nor do they care, as long as no one important complains.

Fenway should complain then.

If he shows up with his Bugatti and his mods entourage things will change.

big-money-pimp-costumes.jpg

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I ran into this problem at one of the Franciscan hospitals a few years ago. I dropped them a letter explaining that INGO is a site about education regarding this subject, addressing training (and the policy that someone offering training may advertise those classes for free) and legalities.

Lo and behold... I can't say it was because of my letter exclusively, but today, the wifi there does not restrict access to INGO.

INGO 1, Hoplophobes 0

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm traveling to PWM today. While I was waiting for my flight to leave, I tried to log onto INGO and the site was blocked for being "weapons" related. Funny how it doesn't block me from AZ gun owners forum (I'm moving there later this year), or Sportsmans Guide where I can actually BUY ammo and gun related parts and supplies. I tried several other gun related sites I've got bookmarked......TTAG is banned but not Bearing Arms.com........Armalite.com is banned but not Parabellum Indoor Shooting range. Geez Louise guys.........make up your minds. Are you banning all weapons related websites or not.

BTW, I did send a message to the administrator and complained about the ban. Maybe we can get a bunch of others to complain and get unfettered web access at the airport.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

INGO, has gun, in the title..... "They" did this to me, when I dispatched at AAA.....

But, I could log onto Gander Mountain, and look at pics., of guns .....

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Those third party web filters can be rather stupid.

I worked one place that had Verizon air cards for off site use. To be able to use them we had to use the corporate LAN to download the drivers from Verizon. Only we couldn't because one day the idiot web filter was blocking the Verizon download page as a "free software download"

Often times, the filters get installed to block the most heinous stuff, but no one fine tunes the rest of the stuff.

They block by word. So if a gun website doesn't actually use the word gun. It won't be blocked.

As I said, they are awfull stupid. The tech staff that installs it probably really doesn't care ether. They just want to be able to show the suits upstairs that "were blocking all the nasty stuff".

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I would disencourage anyone from using a public WIFI.

And i suspect the airport would be about the absolute worst place possible to do so.

I came to make a very similar statement. I undergo DoD enterprise network training annually. The havoc you can reap upon your life by doing something as innocent as tapping into WIFI in a place like this....

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I ran into this problem at one of the Franciscan hospitals a few years ago. I dropped them a letter explaining that INGO is a site about education regarding this subject, addressing training (and the policy that someone offering training may advertise those classes for free) and legalities.

Lo and behold... I can't say it was because of my letter exclusively, but today, the wifi there does not restrict access to INGO.

INGO 1, Hoplophobes 0

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights did the correct and productive action to make a solution. WHen I speak to different store managers, etc. I never accept the submission to some nameless 3rd party as if the person I am addressing has no control. I did not even use the 3rd party data firm to pay for the duplicate of my LTCH.

When a store manager gives me the "He works for the contractor Sir" gets my reply, "He is in your store, wearing your ID badge, that IS YOUR responsibility, do I need to take it to corporate?" Things do change when people pursue the solution in the right way.

Thanks Bill.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I would disencourage anyone from using a public WIFI.

And i suspect the airport would be about the absolute worst place possible to do so.

I came to make a very similar statement. I undergo DoD enterprise network training annually. The havoc you can reap upon your life by doing something as innocent as tapping into WIFI in a place like this....

Why even risk using wifi? Most public wifi I have tried is slower than a 4G LTE connection.

Top Bottom