• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Apparently nobody has ever conquered "The Big Stack"
    which is 12, dinner plate sized, pancakes.

Here's the reason:

"Pancakes are great when you start eating them, but by the time you get to the end you're totally sick of them. That's why pancaking is a going to be a new comedy term, because some comics start off great. By the time they're ending their act, though, you're sick of them. 'Hey, look at Mitch up there! He's totally pancaking!'"

--Mitch Hedberg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fenway and I are going to take the pancake challenge when our schedules permit.

I hope they allow outside syrups, though. The cakes themselves will be bad enough for me, but maple syrup is going to be a no-go since it's pure sugar. If they'll let me use my sugar-free syrup, I'll give it a go.

And probably eat some without syrup too. I'm like that.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    The pancakes were awesome... seemed to be made of cornmeal or something similar... which reminded me a lot of sweet cornbread. :)

but don't bother with the extra buck for the fruit topping. I had three slices of strawberry and three slices of banana when I asked for both strawberries and bananas on my pancakes. I did find another slice or two of strawberries buried in the middle of the second pancake....I guess Bob Evans has me spoiled on that front. :):

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    4 has been the most our waitress had heard about anyone eating so far... I ordered a double stack, but think I only ate one. (I got to the half-way point on the double.)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Twelve would be a challenge.

I think I might be able to do more than four, though. It depends on the pancakes themselves. If I like 'em, things could go well.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Rhino, You could not do 12. You have game.... I have seen it first hand. However no one but a competitive eater would have a chance at 12 of those things.

We should have snapped a picture.

Twelve would be a challenge.

I think I might be able to do more than four, though. It depends on the pancakes themselves. If I like 'em, things could go well.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Rhino, You could not do 12. You have game.... I have seen it first hand. However no one but a competitive eater would have a chance at 12 of those things.

We should have snapped a picture.
    They covered your average dinner plate ... what? 8 or 9 inches maybe? 1/4" thick? All meal, no fluff. Like cornbread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom