• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I've never met you, never trained with you, and never shot with you. If you're for real wanting to do something, you need to prioritize what you want to do and make a list. I hate to say it, but lists work. You see a need regarding firearms safety, and perhaps since that need is there, you can ensure that firearms safety is engrained in every class that is taught. Whether it's a 15 minute synopsis for advanced classes, or an entire course.

1) Handgun 101-noobies
    2)Handgun 102-Advanced handling/malfunctions clearance etc
    3) Handgun 103- Defensive class
    4) 104- IDPA/USPSA
    5) 105-Art of the blue gun...

It's pretty simple if you break it down like that, and require people to take a cheaper 101 class for prerequisite for advanced stuff. That's part of the reason it's considered a prerequisite ;)

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Sorry, I'm gonna mess with your list :p
    Basic Pistol-safety section, malfunction clearance, etc
    - Advanced Pistol

- Appleseed Should be separate like hosting or something
    - Force-on-Force Scenarios
    - Protection in the Home
    - Knife Skills
    - Flashlight Training
    - Survival (winter and summer)
    - Physical Training
    - IDPA/USPSA Basics
    - and others

I would like to develop an entire curriculum and give people skills beyond the handgun. I've gotten a lot of great advice and I look forward to putting some things into action.
    Your list looks pretty good, just wanted to comment ;) I would require a 101 for advanced stuff where people could potential shoot themselves or others. Safety should always be emphasized :)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Sorry, I'm gonna mess with your list :p

Your list looks pretty good, just wanted to comment ;) I would require a 101 for advanced stuff where people could potential shoot themselves or others. Safety should always be emphasized :)

It's cool. I don't mind you messing with the list. As I stated, I would like to teach the basic course (101). After establishing a base of properly trained and safety-minded people, I can then bring in others to teach other courses to build upon their skills. I would host an Appleseed, Force-on-Force, etc. I have no desire to teach any other classes, but simply be a conduit for the services.

Top Bottom