• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Every ad I have ever posted, always had "OBO" in it....
    Flash loves your avatar.
    51qydi.jpg
    Tiny pic doing that sideways stuff again. :xmad:

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    In fairness, no one is going to say "I do a worse job than the factory". You may do great work, but how do I know, especially if I'm not a builder myself? If you're build poops the bed, the buyer is out of luck. If new S&W poops the bed, warranty will take care of it. I can get a new M&P cheaper than even your new price, and a new Colt for not much more.

Personally, I'm never in the market for a home build or to build one myself. Having a factory stock weapon just eliminates an entire line of questioning in a civil suit/depos for wrongful death, etc. I'm not looking to flip the gun later, I just know the aftermath of a shooting.

I let potential buyers shoot it before they make a decision. And if there's an issue down the road, I'll look at it for them. I don't necessarily warranty my work, as i'm not a business, but if something came loose I'm happy to fond the issue and tighten it down. If they're not builders themselves, they're no better off with S&W. I've seen factory fresh cars roll off the lot and break down at the first traffic light. Not covered. But I only mention S&W in a price context. They have an entry level budget rifle that's good for what it is- a budget oriented entry level rifle. My comparison is that my rifle was Cheaper than their rifle, while being higher end, and in reference to the previously posted statement that "longer descriptions equal higher price." I was just pointing out that wasn't always the case as builds require lengthy descriptions and mine was priced below a big name bargain brand.

Something my father used to hammer into my head on a near daily basis: "Never pay another man to do something you should be doing yourself." Your sweat equity will be paid, one way or the other. Whether it's towards a paycheck to pay for a fix, or towards the fix itself. Cut out the middle man and save a buck. Learn about your vehicle and fix it yourself. Learn about your rifle and fix it yourself. And so on...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Hold up gents. Be careful posting pics which happen to be a little "transparent". It's a fine line I know, but lets not get it shut down.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Me: Oh, this looks nice.

Seller: MUST present IN DL, LTCH, sign bill of sale, provide blood/urine sample, provide pay stubs to confirm steady work, and the soul of your first born child.

Me: Hmm, never mind

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    From time to time there's a steal and I never have the money available when something like that shows up. The $500+ used GLOCKs always make me wonder. I mean, that's within shouting distance of a brand new price...do people really pay that much for a used G19? I guess I'm spoiled by blue label prices.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    From time to time there's a steal and I never have the money available when something like that shows up. The $500+ used GLOCKs always make me wonder. I mean, that's within shouting distance of a brand new price...do people really pay that much for a used G19? I guess I'm spoiled by blue label prices.

Yep I don't touch one used even if not shot for over 425. I actually found a gen 4 in fde with trijicon Hd's , extended slide stop, Vickers bases, and 2 +5 Taran tactical bases for 450 bucks. Now I have 2 19's in fde haha.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    I hate to haggle. Period. I am in sales and people try to haggle with me all the time.

If the price is right, I buy it. If not, I move on. Period. Those that set a higher price knowing that people will haggle are going to lose my business, and I if I have something to sell, the price is the price. Buy it, or not. No haggling or negotiating.

I agree 100%

keeph8n

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    I've always looked at haggling like a bother. No reason for it. If you want something, pay what is being asked.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Standard Rule of Online Selling:

If you are selling it, the buyers are being ridiculous when they make you an offer below your asking price.
    If you are buying it, the sellers are being ridiculous when they refuse your lower asking price.

The best deal, no matter the price, is when you both feel a little cheated but you walk away happy anyway.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So you pay sticker price for a new car?

Oh, no! I want them to add the dealer "extras" like fabric protection, paint protection and pin striping so I can pay OVER sticker price. None of that cheap stuff for me!

Standard Rule of Online Selling:

If you are selling it, the buyers are being ridiculous when they make you an offer below your asking price.
    If you are buying it, the sellers are being ridiculous when they refuse your lower asking price.

The best deal, no matter the price, is when you both feel a little cheated but you walk away happy anyway.

Reminds me of the George Carlin; "Ever notice that anyone driving faster than you is a maniac and anyone driving slower is an idiot!"

Top Bottom