• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    I don't use our classifieds yet because I'm not to 50 posts. However, I've been on M4Carbine.net for almost 10 years. What always got me about the classified section is the "NIB" descriptions on items where they also say, "Only mounted on the gun, never fired." This one usually applies to optics. Sometimes you'll see it on things like stocks and hand guards too. If it's been taken out of the box, it's not "NIB" anymore despite what condition it is in. Also, if you expect me to believe you bought a $600 aimpoint, mounted it and then never shot it, you're barking up the wrong tree.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I look at the classified occasionally, did purchase a few boxes of Critical Duty ammo 3 or 4 years ago. Normally the prices are high enough on most modern items that they approach the price of new items closely enough that I purchase new when on sale. I don't "need" any firearms or related items, so it has to be a real good deal to interest me. Since I live about 50 mile from Indy I would have to drive to handle a firearm and I really like to do that with any used gun prior to purchase. I am known in my home area as someone who buys guns so occasionally get a call when someone needs some cash or wants to get rid of a gun. I do collect most firearms except tupperware guns. I have a pretty fair collection of military rifles and handguns ~ no "special" real expensive antiques, and all are in shooting condition.

Son (in his 40's and I (76) collect firearms, ammo, reloading supplies and tools. it is very rare that we sell or trade any firearms, haven't let one loose in probably 10 ~ 15 years!

I do attend Gun Shows, not mainly to purchase firearms, although I am always open to a great deal. Son and I just enjoy the shows, can't think of any better entertainment, spending the day with my son looking at firearms, accessories and ammo. Have found several good deals on bulk ammo, do buy reloading supplies like powder, primers there as the vendors are selling below local Gun shops and with hazardous shipping charges cheaper than we can obtain on line (other than very large primer / powder purchases).

Other items we typical purchase at shows are dies, molds and odds and ends that appear have been in Estate sales. Often the vendor will sell these on the cheap, actually bought a few items at the Tipton show a couple weeks ago!

In reality the Gun Shows haven't been worth the monetary gains to pay for the travel costs, entry fee etc., so it it wasn't for the entertainment value we wouldn't attend. I will continue to read the Classifieds once in a while but don't have much hope of purchasing many items!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    SALMA-HAYEK.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Its Christmas, I'll see your Salma and raise you one Heather Graham...

Although, I must say, the lace pants are quite striking especially with the leather holster. Very nice. BT for INGO President!!!

7b0620797a665537b7d5a44d80bb7ef4--heather-graham-hot-heather-orourke.jpg

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    probably my favorite, is i recently said ill take something at full asking price, then the guy decided not to sale it. Looking through his posts he does it all the time. So why waste everyones freaking time? seems sorta dumb.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    probably my favorite, is i recently said ill take something at full asking price, then the guy decided not to sale it. Looking through his posts he does it all the time. So why waste everyones freaking time? seems sorta dumb.

I have seen a few like this.Member down south had a 1911 posted up. I and several others offered full ticket on it. He just kept playing everyone. I got a few PM's about him and yeah he had a habit of doing this. We all suspected it was a sexual thing but I digress.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    churchmouse im sure you can figure out who im referring to but he constantly lists stuff, then item withdrawn. Im sorry but if you do this more than a few times you really shouldnt be allowed to post in the classifieds. its simply a waste of everyones time. I passed on another purchase to buy his gun then he decided nah, if he had done it once or twice ok. He literally does it constantly.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I have seen a few like this.Member down south had a 1911 posted up. I and several others offered full ticket on it. He just kept playing everyone. I got a few PM's about him and yeah he had a habit of doing this. We all suspected it was a sexual thing but I digress.

That's just plain .... weird. :nuts:

--

A site I work for has growing problems with people posting WTS -- XXXXXXXXX for $XXX.00 ... OBO
    Then riding the ad for weeks (essentially turning the ad into an auction).

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I also love how so many firearms have such low round counts! If you believe all of those posts, you would think that nobody shoots their guns anymore, and we have a bunch of Safe Queens just sitting out there waiting to be grabbed up by the *real* shooters!

Another of my favorites that is overused:

When asked about round count: "I'm not sure, I bought this used, and then *RIGHT AFTER* I bought it, I decided to buy XYZ, and didn't need it any more. It has been sitting in my safe for 2 years un-fired, and needs to find a good home. Perfect Condition..."

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I also love how so many firearms have such low round counts! If you believe all of those posts, you would think that nobody shoots their guns anymore, and we have a bunch of Safe Queens just sitting out there waiting to be grabbed up by the *real* shooters!

When asked about round count: "I'm not sure, I bought this used, and then *RIGHT AFTER* I bought it, I decided to buy XYZ, and didn't need it any more. It has been sitting in my safe for 2 years un-fired, and needs to find a good home. Perfect Condition..."

Although it may not be believed, I have several safe queens and guns with low round counts. I collect more than I shoot, but I do shoot some too. And some sit, when it's time to cash one in I list it.
    So when I read those, it may be naive on my part, but I usually believe it based on my own behavior. One of my favorite things about this site is the feed back feature, you can always look at someone's feed back and see what kind of a person they are that way too.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I actually have no trouble believing that, unless an inspection shows otherwise. There's way more owners than shooters, and even shooters have more guns than they can really rotate through. Industry research generally shows that your average gun sees less than 50 rounds, and given folks' penchant for chasing the next cool thing it seems completely believable to me.

I have a .22 magnum rifle that's not seen 50 shots in it's life and hasn't been out of the safe in probably 4 years. That was to put a scope on it...and I've never shot it since. 4 year old scope, zero shots. On the other hand, I've got a 1911 with over 50k and a Sig with over 40k.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have 4 nice AR's that are BNIB (brand new in box) 3 very nice M1A's that rarely see range time. I don't want to sound like I am humble bragging about my collection, but it is nice, and like BBI has stated, it can take a while to rotate through them all.
    I'm usually pretty busy, the outdoor range I belong to is an hour South of my house. It is rare when I can set aside an entire day to go shooting, but I manage a few times a year.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom