• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Create a new rule forcing n00bs to read all 6,000,000 to get access to the classifieds.

This website is terrible. There's so much reading that I'm forced to do. It's like I'm back in high school. Why do I have to be aware of what's going on? Why should I care about the other issues people are talking about? I just want that gun for sale. What does talking and reading about guns on a forum have to do with guns? Buncha JBTs...

Let's do this one :laugh:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    If you click the POST link to this post, it is: http://...blahblah... #post5801132 (at the end of the link)
    thats where I am looking at post count. 5,801,132

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The discrepancy is likely due to threads that are not accessible to all users (mod forum, maybe even trashed threads, etc.). The post number that MaQ posted is the most true count I would guess.

The front page displays a # closer to what everyone is reporting.
    My guess is that some posts in the trash, or mod forum may not be represented by that number... which is why I was going to the post count number (in a link) to any most recent post. I could be wrong, and that number means something else (than an actual counted post#)

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you click the POST link to this post, it is: http://...blahblah... #post5801132 (at the end of the link)
    thats where I am looking at post count. 5,801,132

Nice catch. It would be easy to identify the 6 millionth poster then. But hard on the system with everyone hitting submit at the same time.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Hit What's New?, then hover over the latest post and you'll see the link to it appear in the status of the browser (ymmv, on mine it shows at the bottom).
    they appear to be incremental, as you hover over each 'less new' post below the first listed.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Yep status update for sure. I spent a little time in there last night. By the time i checked it when I was up and ready for the day, there were already like 10 more pages.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So is this like the Y2K thing, maybe the whole site will crater, and we should make back up plans and step up the prepper actions?

I'm sure there will be about 8000 people watching as we get close to 6M, and as the counter hits 5,999,999, all of them will hit the Enter key simultaneously trying to get credit for the 6 millionth post, and the INGO server farm will burst into flames. C'est fini.

+1

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Glad I contributed to the number. Even if most werent quality posts ;) . Maybe we should celebrate with official INGO lowers. Just to kind of throw that out there. :ingo:

Top Bottom