• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    How old might this GFCI be? IMG_20230728_194344023.jpg IMG_20230728_194311761.jpg
    The wires molded into the center of the back are the "line", green coiled is obviously the ground, but look closely and you'll see where I cut the pig-tails that were the "load" terminals.
    The load side wires were also molded into the body.
    I've never seen a GFCI built like this

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I was around the trade when GFIC's first were introduced. I had never seen one of that configuration. Is there any manufacturer info printed on it? Could be from some other country.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was around the trade when GFIC's first were introduced. I had never seen one of that configuration. Is there any manufacturer info printed on it? Could be from some other country.
    Actually, since you asked, I broke out the magnifying glass and found the name, and it's one I recognize.
    Pass & Seymour there is a tiny label on the side that says 20 amp 2 pole 120v, an "issue number", and a certificate from the Underwriter's Laboratory.
    Funny thing is, embossed in the steel faceplate it reads 15amp 120v 60 hz, GFCI class-A, and a couple of patent numbers.

Top Bottom