INGO Facelift - Please be prepared for change!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I am NOT blocking ads and this still comes up on Safari:

[IM]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL1097/4465358/21970858/407252884.jpg[/IM]

Also, I frequently support our advertisers by paying for their products and services, not by clicking their ads.

Most of the ads are Flash based. IOS doesn't support Flash. What you see initially is the startup jpeg image then when it goes into the full flash file IOS stops loading it. Vbulletin then thinks you are blocking it and gives you the angry message. FYI the ads don't support the advertisers as much as everyone wants to think. They are a Google ad based image that pays the host, INGO, not the target. I have Google ads on multiple websites and it can be very profitable. I also support the locals with my cash, not my clicks.
    Dan

Parts of this have been answered previously:

• The ads are NOT generated by INGO or by Vbulletin.
    • The ad's come from Tactical Republic, not Google.
    • The ad's work correctly on my iPad 3 & i5, 90% are jpg/jpeg/gif/png, NOT flash.
    • Vbulletin is not giving a "Angry Message" lol, its TR doing that, its a image & ive made the request for them to remove it & the code they are attempting to use to detect an adblocker, actually twice now.
    • Advertiser pays TacticalRepublic to put their Ads up w/ all of TR's publishers one being aka INGO, INGO gets a percentage of what Tactical gets paid in total.

Last edited:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    FYI I get it in Safari on my iPod, iPad, and iPhone. I also get it on my desktop and laptop in Mozilla. I don't use IE or Chrome as they both suck.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    BTW I can post attachments here with no problem.
    There's a Manage Attachment link in the advanced options. In the other thread it doesn't have that option. :dunno:
    Funny thing is that the girl shooter is not a file that's in my album or that I uploaded. The new Glock .45 is one of mine. Looks like a hole in the Matrix!

Dan

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    Attachment permission has now been removed in this forum, also, no the girl image wasnt from a hole in the Matrix, i posted in the other thread that i tested your account earlier.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just came back to INGO after a week of being too busy. I want to make sure that I let the mods/admin/anthonyg know again that this place really looks great with the facelift. It really was necessary, and you guys put in the work to make it happen. Thank you!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just came back to INGO after a week of being too busy. I want to make sure that I let the mods/admin/anthonyg know again that this place really looks great with the facelift. It really was necessary, and you guys put in the work to make it happen. Thank you!

df-chapstick-2_300.jpg

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    You are welcome. We have been dealing with alot of complaints over the past several weeks and it's nice to get some positive feedback. Much appreciated!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    You are welcome. We have been dealing with alot of complaints over the past several weeks and it's nice to get some positive feedback. Much appreciated!
    I was going to complain after I waited a few weeks, but now nothing to complain about. Great Job:yesway:

Top Bottom