• ...and so much more!
  • Kr_Treefrog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Machinist?!

Someone got tired of outsourcing all that threading and just send a kid to go and learn it for the family?

Esrice and Dad have both been very supportive of my career choice, though whether they like the idea of me having a valuable trade skill, or the prospect of free gun parts and customizations, I'm not too sure. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Esrice and Dad have both been very supportive of my career choice, though whether they like the idea of me having a valuable trade skill, or the prospect of free gun parts and customizations, I'm not too sure. ^^

:D I think if I had to wager a guess... Ah, never mind :ingo:

Great job repping INGO every day!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Holy Magilla Gorilla!

Now Kr_Treefrog2 is going to be a machinist too?

I just spent Friday evening with MonteryC6 and lovemachine envying their skills with the mills!

Now I too much learn these skills!!!

Kr_Treefrog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Holy Magilla Gorilla!

Now Kr_Treefrog2 is going to be a machinist too?

I just spent Friday evening with MonteryC6 and lovemachine envying their skills with the mills!

Now I too much learn these skills!!!

It's a blast, Rhino, it really is. I can't wait to get to school every day and play on the machines. :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Great to see machinists in training. I have to cringe seeing the long hair near a lathe though.

That's actually what she said about herself after she saw the report air. Apparently she's required to always have it pulled back and she doesn't remember letting it down.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've been working in a machine shop for 16 years now. In that time, we only had one guy who had long hair working here. After his little accident, he always kept his head shaved.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    in those sixteen years in the shop, why havent you made some tire spikes that make snow driving easier?

Speaking of which, if he needs a ride home, I can swing out that way..... in MY Jeep. :D

INGO Gear on TV - Check
    Mod's kids showing of their mad machining skills - Check
    Picking on LoveMachine - Check

Thread is now complete!

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Yep, that was me. Channel 13 News came to Ivy Tech today to get some footage for a segment about a car parts manufacturer that's opening in Carmel, and how there's a lack of skilled machinists in the workfield these days. I'm taking an accelerated Machine Tool course and learning manual mills and lathes, CNC mills and lathes, CNC programming, and MasterCam. I was turning a piece on the lathe at the time, getting ready to do some external threads when I suddenly found a camera in my face and in my space. The guy filmed me for probably 5 minutes or so. It was a nice angle they chose to air; the white INGO logo stood out nicely against the black. ^^ I wear that hat to school every day. It's my favorite.
    :ingo:

Good for you, that's great!!!:rockwoot:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    *braingasm*!!! I just checked IVYTech's Advanced Manufacturing curriculum, and the Mechatronics Concentration is now available in Terre Haute!!!! Whoooo! I'm so jazzed right now! I think I know what I'm gonna be doing for the next two years!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yep, that was me. Channel 13 News came to Ivy Tech today to get some footage for a segment about a car parts manufacturer that's opening in Carmel, and how there's a lack of skilled machinists in the workfield these days. I'm taking an accelerated Machine Tool course and learning manual mills and lathes, CNC mills and lathes, CNC programming, and MasterCam. I was turning a piece on the lathe at the time, getting ready to do some external threads when I suddenly found a camera in my face and in my space. The guy filmed me for probably 5 minutes or so. It was a nice angle they chose to air; the white INGO logo stood out nicely against the black. ^^ I wear that hat to school every day. It's my favorite.
    :ingo:

So, when are you going to start producing your own gun parts?

Kr_Treefrog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    *braingasm*!!! I just checked IVYTech's Advanced Manufacturing curriculum, and the Mechatronics Concentration is now available in Terre Haute!!!! Whoooo! I'm so jazzed right now! I think I know what I'm gonna be doing for the next two years!

There's the typical Mechatronics curriculum that takes almost two years and follows the normal school schedule, and there's also the accelerated 40 week program that has four 10-week quarters back to back with a week long break between quarters. All of Ivy Tech's 40 week accelerated programs award 48 credits total, just 14 credits shy of an Associate of Applied Science degree.

Top Bottom