• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    It's that time of the year again, when parking lots across the country become race tracks! :D

On Sunday, 4/30/12, it was Kentucky Region's Sports Car Club of America Cob Web Shaker #1. It's an opportunity for everybody to get some practice runs in before the points events start up. We are at the UPS Worldport in Louisville, KY.

The way it works, is that we all get the same number of attempts to make our best lap times. I spent the day trying to catch up to the other cars in my class, which were all more powerful, but heavier too. I just couldn't seem to close the 2 second gap between myself and the class leader. Finally, on the last attempt, I beat his best lap time by 0.827 seconds.

This is an absolute blast to do. It's an opportunity to drive in ways you never would on the street.

Oh, and I finally got some proper magnetic numbers. :D

NO CONES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS VIDEO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo1aec2SOQg

7136751845_206bcc136c_b.jpg

7136776127_3003e213c8_b.jpg

31.jpg

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Im a mopar guy, the only racing I do is in a straight line.

I would be interested in trying auto-x sometime, if my jeeps brake pads werent so expensive.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Looks like fun Mike! INGO represent!

It is a BLAST! Anyone that likes to drive, needs to do this atleast once. For a non-member, it usually just around $35 to enter. There is everything out there from Porsches to family sedans to economy cars such as mine, and you're always competing against cars that are similar in performance. It's funny because that car doesn't have a whole lot of power, but it corners extremely well, and it's size caters to this. That coupled with its "you can't miss me" green, gets the car alot of attention.

That INGO patch on the dash board is always there, whenever an Amateur Radio mic isn't hanging in it's place. After I made it home and saw the videos I thought - "Hey! I need to put my INGunOwners.com sticker on the dash!"

During the event it's much like a car show, with everybody walking around checking out all the cars, someone is always snapping pictures of the cars running, so there is plenty of opportunity to see INGO! :ingo:

There is quite a mix of people from Kentucky and Southern Indiana that show up to the KY region's events. I'll be moving back towards Indy soon, so I plan to hit up Indy region events too, but for this year, I'm going after points in the KY region.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Former South Bend region R.E. here
    love auto x
    Just gotta work on getting a new ride to play again

Top Bottom