• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    That's cool and all but how many are truly active? I don't think the statistic at the bottom of the page is an accurate counter of all who truly participate.

(I know how that number can get higher.)

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Yes, that's actually exactly what that means. For every person you see posting there are DOZENS in the background silently reading and learning from the content INGOers offer.

Congrats on 23k!

Does this count only "members" who are looking, or does it count the visiters that stumble on here through searches as well. Im not an internet geek so I was just wondering how that worked/was counted.:dunno:

I never really think about people other than the fine folks on ingo reading any of my/our posts. I may have to make my sig line a disclamer:)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    That's cool and all but how many are truly active?

See post #15.

Does this count only "members" who are looking, or does it count the visiters that stumble on here through searches as well.

The 23k is registered members-- those who have registered and have selected screen names.

That number does NOT include the many thousands that visit INGO each month as unregistered Guests.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Thanks Ingo for all the great information, I took the time and upgraded to site supporter last night! :ingo: I will continue to recommend all my new gun friends to Ingo and all my old gun friends!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    See post #15.

The 23k is registered members-- those who have registered and have selected screen names.

That number does NOT include the many thousands that visit INGO each month as unregistered Guests.

I consider an "active" member somebody that actual makes posts and tries to answer questions in a intelligent manner.

So I'll give you a pass on this one.:):

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I wonder if any web-site, keeps a record of all the members they ban, cause when I was a MASTER on the obama forum, more members were banned then the web-site had Registered Members

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    At any given time, about 23%-- if you define "active" as a user who has signed in in the past 30 days. So about 5,290 members.

It depends on the time of year. In the winter time, that number climbs to around 35%.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Let's see... 123,000 each needing 50. Yep that's a possible 1,150,000 post like mine to get into the classifieds!

Forgot to add: congrats on putting something together that has reached so many people.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wonder if any web-site, keeps a record of all the members they ban, cause when I was a MASTER on the obama forum, more members were banned then the web-site had Registered Members

INGO does. The vast majority of banned users are spammers or people who create lots of shill accounts, though. In other words, garbage accounts that probably shouldn't be included in the total. The percentage of productive members who have been banned is less way less than half a percent.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    I'm on here almost everyday. There is so much that i have learned from others that have shared their knowledge. I feel proud to be a part of this and i thank you.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    INGO is simply one of the most educational, polite and fun websites I visit. I am on here every day and even though I don't post a bunch I can't begin to say how much I've learned from these folks.

Attended my first "group outing" a few weeks back and got to meet a couple of the other guys on here.

I dare anyone to find a better group of individuals on the interwebs (seriously, go do it...NOW).

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    This site IS simply awesome. Only been on here for two months and it's just so amazing. I've been hoping to find a site like this for some time now. Talking about guns/knives on facebook just makes people think that I'm a psycho path. GO INGO!!!

Top Bottom