• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Glad things went smoothly, irrational people like that are a pain to deal with, I hope things look up for the young man.
    Hes got potential. Hes one of those people who tests positive for covid every time all the time so hes taking full advantage of that. They wont let him in school so he works a first shift 40+hr a week day job and does his school on the computer.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Hes got potential. Hes one of those people who tests positive for covid every time all the time so hes taking full advantage of that. They wont let him in school so he works a first shift 40+hr a week day job and does his school on the computer.
    Hell, he’s a unicorn. A young person with a work ethic! Those don’t come along very often.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I’m not sure what you mean? Under “Owner(s) Name” it lists my name with his under it.
    So here in Tennessee it will list all parties on title, it can read Mr. INGO and Mrs. INGO the alternative would be

Mr. INGO or Mrs. INGO when it is stated or either party can fully transfer title, where as if it reads and both parties on title would need to sign

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hell, he’s a unicorn. A young person with a work ethic! Those don’t come along very often.
    They're out there, my daughter turns 17 this week and graduates highschool this week all while working a full time job.

And she managed to finish a few Ivy Tech classes during highschool. When it comes to schooling she did not take after me.

Last edited:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Yeah he’s not great at computer school, but good enough to pass i guess. Made him the same deal i made his sister (not Mrs.BRC). As long as he keeps up on his school work and supports himself he can live here for free until he graduates. After that i start charging rent, but i did give the last one a security deposit for her own apartment and helped her out with essentials out of the rent money she paid me while living here. Ya know, things a parent might do.

Last edited:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Im not worried about retaliation, we have a no trespassing order so they cant come here, plus they have no car so it would be a LONG walk.
    I suspect you can enforce the no trespassing order yourself, if you need to, but is a no trespassing order stronger than a restraining order a woman takes out against an abusive boyfriend right before he kills her?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My son at 16 and myself are on the title for his first truck.
    On a related note, for much later in life, its handy to have yourself on your parents bank accounts as an "or". "Creedmore sr OR Creedmore jr." That allows you access to funds in an emergency during an end of life emergency and makes access to the accounts easier when the end is near or after it happens. Our family has set that up. Mom did it with Grandma, and now my sister is on Moms's accounts. MUCH less hassle. E.g. to close an account you dont have to jump through the hoops and present a death cert when its time because you are one of two who has full control.

Granted it doesnt fully absolve any probate issues (who gets assets after the fact) but it does make it easier to close things out, write a check to the hospice company, etc.)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    On a related note, for much later in life, its handy to have yourself on your parents bank accounts as an "or". "Creedmore sr OR Creedmore jr." That allows you access to funds in an emergency during an end of life emergency and makes access to the accounts easier when the end is near or after it happens. Our family has set that up. Mom did it with Grandma, and now my sister is on Moms's accounts. MUCH less hassle. E.g. to close an account you dont have to jump through the hoops and present a death cert when its time because you are one of two who has full control.

Granted it doesnt fully absolve any probate issues (who gets assets after the fact) but it does make it easier to close things out, write a check to the hospice company, etc.)
    We all have accounts with Navy Federal, same investment man, all with the same address, makes it simple to move money around.
    We all have wills and trusts, not worried about probate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah i have a county officer meeting me in their town to go get it. Knowing the inlaws they would do whatever they could to stop me from taking it. Also theres a 50/50 chance they’ve vandalized it since last night. They’re extremely petty and spiteful people.

In my ripe old age of 27 i just want as little bs as possible. If they were actually the “HaRd A*SeD eX-CoNs” they claimed to be and didn’t involve the police i would thing about handling it differently. But they’ve called them twice since last night.

Have a Kimber in my pocket. Will stay there.
    You are doing this correctly. To many spotlights on it.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I suspect you can enforce the no trespassing order yourself, if you need to, but is a no trespassing order stronger than a restraining order a woman takes out against an abusive boyfriend right before he kills her?
    Eh, even if they found a ride over here im very confident i could take care of the problem without the need for any real violence. As much as id enjoy just beating the brakes off him i enjoy having a criminal clean record more (aside from losing my license a couple times before i was 20).

Restraining order and no trespassing orders carry the same class A misdemeanor. I just want to keep them off my properties because they’ve been caught red handed stealing stuff from us. We used to go to neutral properties for holidays and such which wouldnt have been possible with a restraining order (I wasn’t trying to ruin it for the kids) so i did the no trespassing.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I can't imagine having to deal with nonsense like that.
    This was a drop in the bucket. On the BS meter this was about a 3 out of 10. Very smooth dealing with since i rolled in prepared, thanks to INGO :ingo:
    This almost sounds like Hillbilly Eligy.
    Never seen it lol.
    Oh heck no.
    The pettiness is maddening, but i anticipate it out of these people now. They pulled this crap and got away with it on the older brother. Screwed him out of a $500ish Honda.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This was a drop in the bucket. On the BS meter this was about a 3 out of 10. Very smooth dealing with since i rolled in prepared, thanks to INGO :ingo:

Never seen it lol.

The pettiness is maddening, but i anticipate it out of these people now. They pulled this crap and got away with it on the older brother. Screwed him out of a $500ish Honda.
    Karma will pay them a visit. It is inevitable. They will screw over the wrong person and things will get ugly. It’s easy to screw over a child.

Top Bottom