• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is it kinda like this? If so, its a local browser issue, not Bing themselves. All of these "favorites" are a collection of recently and frequently visited sites. I can delete them so they disappear if I dont want them to appear.

View attachment 60385

No, when i duplicated it using Edge on my other machine, it was definitely the search results. I was only able to duplicate it on that one machine, where I've never used Edge before and only using the Edge browser (even though it picked up my login to Bing automatically from my Win 10 login). Firefox and even IE on that machine showed the forum as the first result.

In any case, it is not Bing singling out anyone (as the OP seemed to think), let alone based on some political post he made. It's just the criteria, search algorithm and the relevancy stuff kicking in on a particular machine/browser combination, from what I can tell.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    This. At almost 1600 posts, why would you not already have it bookmarked?
    It amazes me how people continue to have yahoo or whatever as their home page and type urls into the search just to get to a page/site when you can just type the address in the browser and go there directly.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    It amazes me how people continue to have yahoo or whatever as their home page and type urls into the search just to get to a page/site when you can just type the address in the browser and go there directly.

FYI..... That's not AT ALL how I access INGO. On my MSN home page, it shows the 'top 5' searches (recent) and INGO is always the first in line. I simply click on it, and the browser goes to Bing, where INGUNOWNERS has always been the first result at the top of page. It is no longer there (on Bing), plain and simple!

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Or a dead short between the chair and the keyboard... ;) I know I suffer from that error a lot myself! :):

And you. You're a real funny man, huh!?

I post a simple but serious thread..... asking if anyone else is experiencing this, and for some tech help.... and you're suddenly a comedian. Imagine that.

Last edited:

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    IE Edge and IE 64-bit works fine finding INGO via Bing search. However, when using Firefox, it did not show up when using Bing(typing INGUNOWNER didn't work either). I don't have Chrome installed on my PC to test. I don't think this is a big deal nor believe there are any conspiracy activities going on. It's just what it is. I don't use Bing as my main search engine since I think it is the weakest of all search engines. I use Google and sometimes DuckDuckGo (which found INGO by the way). I have INGO website on my menu bar since it's just a single click away.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Is this how you got to 12,000 posts? Being a 'funny man'?

Just a little teasing. I was really replying to the other poster's comment, and did you notice I said I was guilty of it myself? C'mon man, lighten up! :) Hope you're able to get it resolved, but as others said, it's probably just something quirky about the combination of browser and your ISP.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Just tried using Bing to find INGO and I'm getting same results as GREEN607, but I have it bookmarked so I hadn't noticed it

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    5 browsers on 2 PCs and this site was the first result on all of them via Bing (can't believe I went to bing 5 times).

As a possible cause, is safe search or something similar turned on? We've got at least a couple people who see this happening, so it clearly is a thing, but is it a thing within your personal settings?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    FYI..... That's not AT ALL how I access INGO. On my MSN home page, it shows the 'top 5' searches (recent) and INGO is always the first in line. I simply click on it, and the browser goes to Bing, where INGUNOWNERS has always been the first result at the top of page. It is no longer there (on Bing), plain and simple!
    That is actually very much the same thing from a technical standpoint, it's just a cached link to a former search. It is possible that the search is no longer valid for whatever reason, but Bing does still have ingo indexed. You say the browser goes to bing, what is in the search box when that happens? ingunowers?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom