• ...and so much more!
  • income

• Total voters

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Athough I don't make a ton of money I like my income because it keeps me money smart and budget smart. It also keeps me from buying stuff I don't need. If I weren't happy I would get a new job. Also the guy I work with is late 40s and lives as home with his parents with nothing put away for retirement or emergencies.

Zgreen1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    That's part of a reason why my boss doesn't fire him/people. Don't want them to be a bigger burden when he lives on unemployment.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    2-income household, both w/ college degrees working in our profession...

Gross income: north of 6 figures, some years quite a far north, some years not very far noth. Net after taxes, deductions, exemptions, etc taken out? south of 6 figures...

I post this not to brag, I post it to show what hard work and perseverance can turn into. I pushed my limits in college, nearly failed out (not for lack of work/studying), but made it through. I've made many sacrifices to get where I've come. A great deal of your income level has to do with how much you apply yourself, control yourself, and persevere to become something greater.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Last October, a guy get fired for too many absences. He used twelve weeks of FMLA, four weeks of vacation, one week of personal days, ten weeks of sick leave, and seven days of unexcused absences.

He had the nerve to complain that it wasn't his fault he got fired. He was only two minutes late because the gate wasn't working. :rolleyes:

Where do you work that you get that many days? I have been at my job for 15 years and get 10 vacation and 5 personal days that we can't carry over, so I end up taking days off right before I lose them.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    2-income household, both w/ college degrees working in our profession...

Gross income: north of 6 figures, some years quite a far north, some years not very far noth. Net after taxes, deductions, exemptions, etc taken out? south of 6 figures...

I post this not to brag, I post it to show what hard work and perseverance can turn into. I pushed my limits in college, nearly failed out (not for lack of work/studying), but made it through. I've made many sacrifices to get where I've come. A great deal of your income level has to do with how much you apply yourself, control yourself, and persevere to become something greater.

Hope your as happy as I am about being rewarded for hard work by paying TAXES:xmad::xmad::xmad:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OP, I agree with your dad. Income is a personal thing. Causes all kinds of problems. People start looking at what the other guy is making, instead of worrying about his own.

Sad part is I work with a guy who makes sure he misses enough time so he doesn't make too much. That way every year on his taxes he gets a lot back. Just about makes me sick.

A guy at work gets his FMLA in January and he'll work four or five days between January and March.

Last October, a guy get fired for too many absences. He used twelve weeks of FMLA, four weeks of vacation, one week of personal days, ten weeks of sick leave, and seven days of unexcused absences.

He had the nerve to complain that it wasn't his fault he got fired. He was only two minutes late because the gate wasn't working. :rolleyes:

FMLA is a problem at my place also. But they've been known to have private eyes follow people on FMLA and Sick Pay around.
    Going to a Cubs game or carrying shingles up a ladder has gotten quite a few guys fired.
    Then, they're surprised when they get no sympathy from the guys they work with. The guys that got stuck working all those shifts.
    Nothing like working a few 7 day weeks with a couple doubles thrown in to start my sympathy circuit.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hope your as happy as I am about being rewarded for hard work by paying TAXES:xmad::xmad::xmad:

Guys at work will complain about the need for the government to do more, but then complain what happens to their check when they work more. I tell them, OT makes you rich, and you want the rich to pay more.
    They don't get it. Rich always means someone elses.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    A Cubs game should get one fired in any case... FMLA or not. There's a guy in fish camp who has been on SSD for about 6 years now yet manages to hunt, fish and chop wood almost daily. The rumor is he has a severely damaged back. I catch fish, screw him... the private eye that showed up last fall will put an end to his shenanigans soon.

Top Bottom