• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    In February of 2011, I was introduced to INGunowners.com and I haven't looked back. I've met some great individuals who share a common intrest. I have learned more about both people and firearms in the last 2 years than I probably have in the last 33 years of life.

This brings me to my post. Contrary to my iTrader report, I have bought and more than a few items to/from fellow INGOers but recently I was completely floored by a PM I recieved.

A few weeks ago an item was put up for trade in the classifieds. This particular item is something I have wanted for many years for a few different reasons. Over the last few years I have had opportunities to purchase one of these but I was either late to the party, the seller was too far away or I didn't have the cash to fund the purchase.

When this item became available there was only 1 barrier, the item wasn't for sale. Expecting the worse but hoping for the best, I crafted a short PM explaining my wishes and that I would understand if I wasn't given an opportunity to purchase this item. I also made a cash offer that took the current market conditions into account. I won't lie, it was an offer at the lower end of the current market but it was what I could afford.

A few days later I received a response that I wasn't expecting. The response was that the item wasn't for sale. However, if it became available for sale, I would be granted the opportunity to purchase this item. What shocked me was that the seller offered to sell me the item at what I refer to as "pre panic" pricing. To say the least, I was amazed but sceptical.

Last night, this individual sent me another message advising me that the item was available if I was still interested. True to their word, the quoted price was "pre panic" pricing and considerablly less than I offered. This individual was not only true to their word but they were true to their word at a time when they could have made a profit.

Not many would have done the same. In fact, and I can't knock them, many would have inflated their price and held firm.

I am purposfully being vague about the individual and the specific item as it isn't my place to put this individual on blast but I can't pass up on the opportunity to express my gratitude to the masses. This individual has made my year. Had my children not celebrated their first birthday last year, I would have said it made up for last year as well.

This has certainly been an amazing experience but the fact is that I have NEVER had anything less than a GREAT experience with anyone I have met through this site. I hope that I can continue to meet my fellow gun enthusiasts and continue to be impressed! BTW, tomorrow I will be meeting up 42769vette tomorrow to pick up a Vortex Crossfire II for my 10/22 LVT (another item I acquired from an INGO member).... :rockwoot:

INGO, my hat is off to all members and I apprciate the wealth of knowledge you all contribute! :ingo:

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Cool that you are getting the weapon you wanted. Awesome you are getting it for pre panic pricing. Amazing that you made an offer and the price he gave you is less than what you offered. I have also met some pretty cool people on this site. Nice to see that there are still plenty of good honest people out there.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I have made several recent trades at "pre-panic prices" with fellow INGOers (INGOites?), it's the only way to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had near the same experiences save for a few recently with those that would by low to sell high.
    Everyone I have met personally have been great folks and many friendships have been started.
    Ingo is a great place.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've always had good luck buying and selling with INGOers. Glad to hear you had a good experience! I'm going to go do some classifieds coon-fingering!

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Although I have only been a member for a short time, I have got the feeling that alot of the members here are the type of person I would want to deal with. I cannot wait to have a similar experience myself (hopefully =P)

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    At first I thought that this was going to be another price rant thread, but I am glad to read just the opposite. Kudos to you and the individual who sold you your item.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I built this ar last month
    IMAG0340_zps6700ada9.jpg

When I figured out exactly what I wanted to do I started putting wtb adds out there. Knowing its a bad time to build a AR I figured it would take me a year to put it all together without paying panic prices.

With in a few weeks the gun was done, and not 1 panic price was paid. Then I went on the hunt for reloading bullets, and I had a member offer to load me 500 until supply came back in.

Top Bottom